Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Best A Man can Get!! Love the Gillette.

What a beauty Michael!!
Michaelshane said:
Gillette President,$12.00

P1050767_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Scored these vintage, but as new and unused, photo albums. The first one is very Art Deco to my eye.

Ideas as to era?...

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

The first one is very deco especially the wonderful font. The other one looks a bit 20s to me with the heraldic type motifs,

LukasWallace

New in Town
Quigley Brown said:
Goodwill find today. A few days ago there was just one, but today....:)

quigley_brown
[/URL][/IMG]

They are marked: Orchids of Hawaii - Japan

I swear I've seen those somewhere before... I think maybe my grandparents or a neighbor or something used to have a set like that. Very cool. I need some cool stuff like that for my place.

storman113

Familiar Face
Used to be when at a tropical theme bar, if you purchased something like a Mai Tai, or other expensive tropical drink, it came in that type of server and you got to keep it!

My mom had a box full of em which went to the local thrift store when we cleaned out her place.

LukasWallace

New in Town
I think I'll have to ask around and see if anyone I know has anything like that they'd be willing to donate to me so that my apartment can be as cool as a Las Vegas apartment should be.

Monday I'm also going to go search some thrift stores and hopefully I'll have something interesting to post on here upon my return.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
Goodwill find today. A few days ago there was just one, but today....:)

quigley_brown
[/URL][/IMG]

They are marked: Orchids of Hawaii - Japan

My wife used to work in a Chinese resturant, and these were indeed the cups they used for Mai Tais and such. I instantly recognized this cup,and went to get one I use for pencils-it is an "Orchids of Japan", but it's marked 'R91' on the base-the figure on the side is almost identical, but he is smiling instead of grimacing.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
All my dish needs for my appt. next year are now taken care of. A whole mess of old hotel/restaurant dishes at a buck a pop.

Six of each, the plate, small plate and bowl. Dated 1968. The color band is a light emerald. I'm going to take better pictures when I have the sun tomorrow.

P1050585.jpg

P1050542.jpg

Eight green line diner-style dinnerplates. The first one is different, but the same size.
P1050582.jpg

P1050541.jpg

The rest are all identical
P1050583.jpg

P1050540.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'm a naughty boy. I bought a 1918 Elgin pocket watch today at the flea-market, from a very very nice lady named Lizzie (who has taken to calling me one of her best & regular customers, even though I only bought two things from her in three months' time!).

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yesterday I pulled a typewriter, steam engine, monkey toy, GE desk lamp and about 100 pages of 1960s pepsi advertising material out of a dumpster.

Typewriter still works, and the ribbon is still good.
P1050955.jpg

Not sure how old this guy is.
P1050958.jpg

Model Steam engine
P1050959.jpg

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
I guess the best thing I ever pulled out of a yard sale was a collection of record albums by Benny Goodman, Django Rheinhart and Billie Holiday. The guy had a lot more but I couldn't stay there looking at all the albums and I didn't have that much cash on me at the time.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
The first one is very deco especially the wonderful font. The other one looks a bit 20s to me with the heraldic type motifs,

Thanks cookie and foofoogal for the informed opinions. I had a notion to use one or both of these but I'm becoming more inclined to list them for sale on Ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael