Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your...Umbrellas!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Here's a pic of me at the WWII Weekend last year--I picked up a 1940s umbrella, as it rained the first couple of days of the show. You can't see it super well, but it’s made of a black fabric with a white print, and has an 'apple juice' bakelite handle. It works great!

My friend also picked up a 1940s umbrella at the show; hers is made of navy blue fabric, with a red bakelite handle.

47b5d900b3127cce9407df9b7ef800000006108AatmbRq2ctP

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
jitterbugdoll said:
Thanks! Both of our umbrellas were pretty inexpensive, too. I've seen them turn up on eBay--have you tried searching there yet?

I just started last night and saw many parasols but not too many unbrellas. I will be looking daily now, though.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Dalexs said:
You do realize that as soon as you get an umbrella, the rain is going to stop and it will be hot and humid of the next 5 months! ;)

Of course! That's why I'm doing it! I'm not foolish enough to think I can go through all the trouble to find a vintage umbrella and actually get to USE it. lol So when the sun starts shining in Bahston, you can thank PSG up in Maine! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot