Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

fashion frank

One Too Many
The Rugs Are Now In

Hello Guys and Gals , I haven't been on in awhile, the new home has taken on a life of it's own and also it's bagpipe time with my pipe and drum band so I've been quite busy.
Took some shots of the house now that the rugs are bought and in .
Just started working on the picture hanging and it's all slow going.
here are some shots of the house with the rugs in place .
i will have to put up a few post as there are about a dozen or so pictures . here we go!

This picture was taken the day I bought the house.

Then my nephew "browned ' it out to look vintage ,I'm going to hang it in the up stairs hallway.

The front hallway as you enter the house .

The same hallway from the top of the second floor landing.

The living room just after you enter the front hallway.

Another shot of the living room.

Same room from another angle.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Second Round of Shots.

Here is one more shot of the living room looking into the dining room . as you can see the walls are still kinda bare we are slowly getting the pictures on the walls but boy it takes time !

The dining room looking out from the living room.

Another shot of the dining room.

Dining room from another angle.

This room is on the other side of the living room ,I use it as an office / man cave.

This is the upstairs hallway leading to all of the bedrooms.

This is my kids room, there are four bed rooms but right now we are only using two to live in the other two are still full of stuff so I havent posted them.

This is a picture of the master bedroom standing in the doorway .

So there you have it ,as we get better settled in and get the picture all up on the walls I will post more in the near future.
All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Congrats again on the new pad F.F. Looks like you've got plenty of room to relax and enjoy yourself when you're at home. The place looks great.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
FF's house reminds me of my grandfather's house with all those oriental rugs. He was an importer/dealer of fine rugs and people used to joke that he had more rugs in his house than he did in his showrooms.

Because hardwood floors get COOOOLD in R.I.

And because they are way cooler than wall to wall shag carpet.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
We have hardwood in the dining room, foyer, and hallway. We have a runner in the hallway, but I absolutely refuse to have a rug in my dining room!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Because hardwood floor's get so COOOOLD in R.I.

And once you've shuffled across a wooden floor in bare feet and picked up a splinter, you'll realize that rugs are, in fact, a very fine thing.

I know that Lizzie Maine is a swamp yankee and she knows as well as DH 66 that it certainly gets cold here in the winter not to mention all the salt and sand they put on the roads during the winter here in New England.

Also even in the summer there is nothing like walking around barefoot and having a nice soft rug under your feet and "no splinters " LOL !

Thanks everyone for responding and as we get more pictures up on the walls and get rid of some of the ugly curtains that were here when we moved in and replace them with period lace curtains we will post more pictures of the house.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

P.S. There is nothing as great as sitting in this house listing to the 1920's radio network (www.the1920snetwork.com )takes you right back to 1935 when this home was built!

Last edited:
my2eje9u.jpg

Early 20s. Where I've called home for the last 8 years, in a nice historic neighborhood. I'm a little sad to leave it, but as all the snow covered bicycles can attest, my family has outgrown it. Tomorrow I go to closing on a mid 60s split level. I love mid century stuff, and this one is in largely original condition. The granite fairy has visited the kitchen, but there's still a pink bathroom, and the downstairs pine paneling is still unmolested. It shouldn't take too much effort to make this a real space age gem. I'll post pics when I get the keys if anyone is interested in homes from that that era.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Wow your moving from that to a raised ranch, you must be bumming , but I hear you when it comes to having enough space ,thats what made me buy the home we are in now ,I went from 14 hundred to 21 hundred square feet.

The thing was I didn't want to move from one "cookie cutter " house to another which is why I bought the home were in now , but hey you gotta do what you gotta do and whats best for your family .

All the best to you and your family with your new home, Fashion Frank

Frank I am bumming just a little. This house and neighborhood has a lot of character, and I'm going to miss it, but I'm going from just under 1400 to 2500, gaining 2 more bathrooms, a downstairs den I can send the kids to play in, a two car garage, and a full acre lot. Can't be bummed too bad about that.

arumy9eb.jpg

Just got the keys. Looks a little Brady bunch, but hey - their house was built in 59, and I've got that many kids too. Its gonna need a little painting to bring it around.
asumumug.jpg

I really dig the laid stone floor in the entry foyer
ana8uqa7.jpg

And of course, the ultimate 50s touch - a pink bathroom. The ugly wall paper's gotta go, and finding another pink throne to match the tub and lav might be a challenge, but it's much better than a lot of re-dos I've seen. At least there's plenty to work with here.
I'll post more later as I get the place fixed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW