Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That's cool, for sure!

However, it may mean more paperwork for you in the future if you want to do any outside work to the property. The Historic Districts in my area are crazy. :doh:
That's all right, if I expand the garage, it will be before this takes effect, so I will be OK. The only other outside thing I would like to do, is get rid of the weird arches on the front porch and go back to proper Victorian columns and railing. They would like that. The up side is, a big increase in the value of the house, in the Historic District, if I decide to sell!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Had a little fun this evening, put up a new light fixture in the spare bedroom. The Edison bulb is pretty dim, but I can always throw in a brighter bulb for company!
IMG_20150310_171236_685_zpsczsbkskl.jpg

Barman

Familiar Face
Our house isn't really vintage, it's a classic suburbian French house from the mid-60s, but we've been trying to decorate our living room in a kind of "mid-century modern" style, within our tight budget and limited knowledge. Colonial armchairs, bistro chairs, antique chinese furniture, old Moroccan garden table, old French telephone...

P1040955_zpsr68zhhzm.jpg

P1040956_zpsfzb74hxg.jpg

P1040957_zpsxz9fttno.jpg

P1040958_zpsiozrony3.jpg

Thanks FF! The previous owner told us it came from a hotel in Algeria, back when it was a French colony. It's supposedly from the 30s.

absolutely fantastic. Does it work? If not, it is probably not that hard or expensive to get it wired to work with a modern land line (just fyi, as we recently inquired about having a 1920s phone wired to work with our building's intercom system).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou