Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Great, now my realtor sent me this house! It's a little out of my price range but maybe doable. It has a 10,000 square foot lot and a 2 car garage already on it. I may not survive this house hunting at this rate.
House2-1.jpg

Oh man, that one is fantastic! It looks perfect! I'd take that one if I could afford it at all.

My parents have been looking at a property with an old farm house and 20 acres. The plan was to split it into two ten acre parcels. I would get the old farm house and 10 acres, and they would build a new house next door. My sister chimed in that they needed an apartment above the garage where Bobby (my brother) could grow old. It's been a running joke for some time now lol

Go for it. You can start farming tobacco. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Great, now my realtor sent me this house! It's a little out of my price range but maybe doable. It has a 10,000 square foot lot and a 2 car garage already on it. I may not survive this house hunting at this rate.
House2-1.jpg
It was built in 1929. I was a little disappointed on the inside. It is 2202 square feet on the inside, but that is deceiving. As you walk in , there is a nice parlor, then you keep walking and there is a small dinning room on the left fallowed by a modern kitchen with ugly blue man made counter tops. There are two bedrooms and a full bath on the main level, all tight. Then a sun room with to much glass, hot in the summer, and you need to heat it in the winter because of the washing machine. Down stairs is a 80s living room, and the master bath very modern and master bedroom. I can't help thinking teenager when I see a basement bedroom. The front garage is only accessible through the out side, but it is heated. I am still figuring finances. I don't want to get into the house, then not be able to afford all the little things and the one or two surprises that always seem to crop up!

No thank you, no hippies and no illegal farming for me, thank you!

The wacky kind and then you could send some hippIes his way. Just follow their nose, it always knows wherever it grows.
:D

I considered doing that. A farm down the road from ours grew tobacco, when I was a kid. In fact, that old tobacco farm is up for sale, but I can't afford 425,000 dollars.

Go for it. You can start farming tobacco. :p

kampkatz

Practically Family
Sounds like the tudor style house has too much in disfavor for your tastes, Stearman. Keep looking for the right match. You should not compromise so much in a buyer's market. Good luck.

10 acres, and being in the county it's in, the taxes will be through the roof. There ain't much for hippies of the working-age variety. The problem in that area is that the old farmers who I grew up with are passing away and yuppies and old hippies are buying up the farms. Where the old hippies get the money, I'll never know.

The hippies would help you farm it though. :p

425 eh? That must be a big piece of property though.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like the tudor style house has too much in disfavor for your tastes, Stearman. Keep looking for the right match. You should not compromise so much in a buyer's market. Good luck.
My realtor had a great line he used on me this past Sunday, he said, "are you sure your head is not being turned by a pretty face?" I think he may be right on both houses!

Dubya

One of the Regulars
I considered doing that. A farm down the road from ours grew tobacco, when I was a kid. In fact, that old tobacco farm is up for sale, but I can't afford 425,000 dollars.

Blimey!

That's about £268,000.......................which might buy you a garage in a block to park your car in in central London! :eeek:

Well, they dropped the price to $375,000 now lol

I just heard the farm I grew up in, down the road from the tobacco farm is going up for sale. He's only asking 275,000.....

Blimey!

That's about £268,000.......................which might buy you a garage in a block to park your car in in central London! :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24