Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Panadora

Practically Family
He had his own little clean up ordeal to go through. When we found him, he was covered head to toe. I thought Casper the little ghost was in my bathroom.
Hope you are using green paint (the modern water based stuff without to many chemicals, that is).

@Stearmen
That room looks a little strange, what's the original use(s) for that?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
@Stearmen
That room looks a little strange, what's the original use(s) for that?

It is the Turret room. You can see what it looks like on the outside, on the left of this photo. It was a decorative element common on many Queen Anne Victorian houses in the late 19th century.
20141021_161028_zpsc97f5391.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
He had his own little clean up ordeal to go through. When we found him, he was covered head to toe. I thought Casper the little ghost was in my bathroom.

Yikes! I hope you got photos/video of him covered in paint. That's something you'll need to pull out later in life and laugh at.

Yikes! I hope you got photos/video of him covered in paint. That's something you'll need to pull out later in life and laugh at.

Ha! ....that would be good. No pics though - no time to grab the camera in the hustle to get him into the shower and prevent any further damage.

To follow up, I did manage to get most of the paint up off the hardwood floors. There's still some down in the cracks in the boy's room, where the worst of it got poured out, but considering it's going to be his room for at minimum the next 14 years, I'm sure it will need to be totally refinished down the road anyway.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Found my dream home! Nice living room, formal office, master suite, a WACO biplane and a Ferrari. What more could you want?
%20mfhroom1_zps3livdh6w.jpg
%20BiplaneInTheBedroom_zpsloj4puau.jpg
%20MFH2party-overview_zpsusqwd1ym.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran