Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
One of my amazing blog readers was thrifting and found these patterns. She sent them to me because they are all over 40 bust.

9340.jpg
4460.jpg

4259.jpg

4108.jpg

3174.jpg

LD

Amie

One of the Regulars
I never win those bids on ebay, but yesterday I won this one. I was surprised. I was envious of everyone's wonderful 30s patterns and this one is not the greatest of 30s patterns, but it will keep me happy for a while.

8167-1.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Amie, that has nice lacing detail and the front pleat is unusual too! I'd really like to do something with eyelets for lacing like that at some stage. And I just think McCalls 30s patterns are the best! Not just because of the graphics but the fit and directions are excellent too.

LD, what a lovely blog follower! I like the floaty sleeves on the 30s ones but also the embroidered flowers on the 40s one is a nice touch.

Amie

One of the Regulars
Yes, it's those little details that really turned me on to the pattern! Whether I will be able to execute those details is another thing.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've been on an eBay diet since I refuse to pay ridiculous prices for patterns. I broke my diet this morning because I found this one at a BIN of only $11.99!!!
LotImg62176.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love the 1950's Woman's day patterns. They are so multifunctional and fun. I have one for a halter or blouse with button on skirt and apron and used to have a strapless jumper with button on haleter vest, jacket and skirt.
il_570xN.229490998.jpg

I felt weird buying these but the top one has a 40's vibe.
il_570xN.246772746.jpg

il_570xN.246792531.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
I just won this Jacques Esterel pattern for a steal and am absolutely giddy! When I went to research him I found a few photos of Brigitte Bardot in a dress he designed for her wedding in pink gingham, and I think this pattern is possibly a copy of the pattern used for that dress.

PMA974.jpg

BB in her wedding dress:
brigitte-bardot-wedding-200x300.jpg

Bardot-esterel.JPG

bbwedding_dress1.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
I just won this Jacques Esterel pattern for a steal and am absolutely giddy! When I went to research him I found a few photos of Brigitte Bardot in a dress he designed for her wedding in pink gingham, and I think this pattern is possibly a copy of the pattern used for that dress.

PMA974.jpg

BB in her wedding dress:
brigitte-bardot-wedding-200x300.jpg

Bardot-esterel.JPG

bbwedding_dress1.jpg

It does look like the same dress. Any more "story" about why Brigitte chose pink gingham for her wedding dress?

Drappa

One Too Many
^I have no idea, perhaps because she was married multiple times and wanted to keep it simple? Apparently she was also really into nature and the "country look". Maybe Cherry Lips will know.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Drappa, that pattern is magical! I thought I'd post my answer here as well, to share the B.B. legend with everyone. If somebody knows more about this dress, please share!

i don't know the story behind that particular dress (i wish i did!), i only know that pink gingham was very B.B., and one of many fashions she made popular (like ballet flats). her style was revolutionary at the time, it was very casual/ innocent/ natural och not considered ladylike or sophisticated. she didn't wear corsets or fur, but she did wear jeans (unusual for women) and walked around bare-foot! simone de beauvoir wrote an interesting essay about the B.B. phenomena/ the new femininity she represented in "The Lolita Syndrome" (1962). the choice to be wed in a gingham dress says a lot about Brigitte's personality.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I can't pass up a 1930's pattern when the price is right and I love the collar and double breasted closure on this,so I needed it in my collection...right?
il_fullxfull.249671063.jpg

this is a digital repro pattern if anyone is interested.
il_fullxfull.237175923.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn