Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lorena B

Practically Family
jtcarrey said:
Awesome!! I have the same pattern!! the one on the right, the playsuit that is :) I'm going to make that one next in pink! Can't wait! lol

Really!!???
I have started with it!! ha,ha,ha. I have finished the top, i have changed some bits. right now im getting started with the shorts.

Ill post the pics when is all done!!!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Ooooo, Lauren, I've seen that second pattern before. Very nice!

I'm currently knitting a jumper that has an inverted pleat in the back of it like that. It is descibed as a 'Riding Shirt' but also says you may like to wear it for golf or other sports.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
hollywood961.jpg

Got this baby for $3.99 :D

Squeee!

LD

Vanessa

One Too Many
ShoreRoadLady said:
I second the motion! I'd love to know what the pattern pieces on the skirt look like. Very cute!

Re:
P1090868-1.jpg

Here you go ladies. Fresh from today's mail:

max0003.jpg

Detail: This smart frock possesses many important fashion pointers. Neckline has a small collar and a trim band, which may be worn open or closed with buttons. A foursome of patch pockets trim bodice. Skirt joins bodice at waistline and may be softly flared, or pleated & stitched. Sleeves are set-in, long or short.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
WOW. So you're supposed to put in the pleats yourself??! Ugh! Looks really cool, but what a pain in the butt! That's really neat- I've never seen that before.

JT Carrey, I forgot to respond! Here's a link to a site that has pattern dating info:
http://www.cemetarian.com/index.php?pr=Dating_Sewing_Patterns

Most pre-40's patterns are not marked and I actually tried contacting pattern companies for more information but they have no records, or it isn't widely known. You have to either collect pattern catalogs or magazines that specialized in the pattern lines to get earlier dates.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lauren said:
WOW. So you're supposed to put in the pleats yourself??! Ugh! Looks really cool, but what a pain in the butt! That's really neat- I've never seen that before.

Yeah, it's never going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo