Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies. I dont know, but for some silly reason I didnt think Marian Martin did patterns in the mid 30s :eusa_doh:

Im thinking a nice cream colored linen.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My blouse pattern arrived today and I found that not only was it incomplete, it had only 3 pieces, a front, the collar and a back facing. Has this ever happened to anybody? Should I complain to the eBay seller, ask for a refund? What should I do?

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
My blouse pattern arrived today and I found that not only was it incomplete, it had only 3 pieces, a front, the collar and a back facing. Has this ever happened to anybody? Should I complain to the eBay seller, ask for a refund? What should I do?

what did the description say for the item? If it said it was complete and it was not, I would most certainly contact the seller for a refund. You can check the Ebay Resolution Center (http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/) for the steps to follow if it comes to having Ebay intervene, but they try to get you to resolve it first.

I did this recently with a sheer blouse that the seller had incorrectly listed the measurements for. She took it back and refunded me. But her descriptions did state that she accepted refunds.

December

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:

Definitely double-check the listing. I hope that doesn't sound patronising, it's just that I won a dress on Ebay last week and when it arrived there were no buttons- it just gaped open at the front.

I was all ready to complain to the seller, but checked the listing first and found that they had mentioned it but buried in a wall of text that I had skimmed over.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I checked and it says "complete". I sent her a note and hope she's willing to work with me. She's the seller I buy from most frequently and have never had any problems. What's so disappointing is that it's a mail order pattern with very little info, which makes it hard to find another copy.

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I checked and it says "complete". I sent her a note and hope she's willing to work with me. She's the seller I buy from most frequently and have never had any problems. What's so disappointing is that it's a mail order pattern with very little info, which makes it hard to find another copy.

You might want to do a screen print of the ebay listing for your records. Since you've had a buying relationship with her it would make sense she'd refund you or give you a store credit at least. If not, do the resolution procedure and Ebay will help you. I have been very lucky with all trans but a couple and when Ebay had to get involved, it got resolved quickly.

there is always the negative feedback option, but I save that for a very last resort or if the whole thing is not resolved appropriately by the seller and I had to get ebay in on it.

good luck!

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
missing pieces

If you decide to keep it, contact pattern rescue. They help people find missing pieces. It can't hurt to ask. Also, post a pic of the pattern. Maybe one of us has it in our collections.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I had a seller send me the wrong pattern in the correct envelope. It was an understandable mistake, because the # difference of the pattern was a letter 'b'. I wasnt angry at all, just pointed it out and they resolved it rater promptly.

I dont see why the seller wouldnt offer a full refund (shipping included) because they made the mistake. Just send it back, there are not enough pieces to bother with unless you just wanted the front piece.

LD

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
My latest pattern acquisition:

advance2553.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
S.R.L.---Cute cute cute.

So...I think it had been almost a MONTH since I bought a pattern (amazing amazing amazing) and this one was only 4 bucks for two styles, so why the heck not.

mailorder3473.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
I love your pattern ShoreLadyRoad, I have one very very similar to that.
MissAmelina, you have to show us what that looks like sewn up! I like the second version. That would be soooo pretty done up in a dark green color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy