Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Miss Tups, thanks, but you'll have to wait for it to wing it's way to me from the US before you try and wrest it from my clutches! ;)

I love how it can be sleeveless, short sleeved or long sleeved. I like versatile patterns. And it always amazes me when a pattern I've never seen pops up. You see so many of the same and then - ping - a doozy comes along. It's from my favourite pattern company and year too, 1935. I wish I had a McCall catalogue from that year. What bliss it would be to look through....

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay! Love that pattern ;)
I agree- 1935 is a dreamy year for McCall patterns!

I just got this one. I'm really hoping it has all the pieces! Luckily it was inexpensive so if it doesn't it won't be a terrible loss. I really love the back inset gores.
3852.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, I was watching that one. I was already bidding on a couple others and wasn't sure I could afford them all if I happened to win them all.

Amie

One of the Regulars
It's gorgeous. I'm sure you'll make something really smashing with that pattern Lauren.

Lauren

Thanks! I keep thinking about different fabrics to use. Mmm... maybe like a green charmeuse would be pretty :)

kamikat, she did have some lovely patterns! Did you win any of them? I was really surprised I got this one. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sis and Lauren, lovely patterns. I too love the mid 30's McCall's evelopes.

I really don't need any more patterns but I thought this one was quite versitile and would look good any any color crepe. I want to transition to wearing dresses and skirts all of the time (except for really, really cold weather) so I want some things I can modernize if needed.

$(KGrHqIOKkQE1p5zCm(WBNl5ZPmW7g~~_3.JPG

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
DPD, that beautiful dress sounds perfect. I recently had major issues with modernizing dresses. My husband and I went to a really high-end restaurant downtown, where DC movers and shakers dine, and I spent 2 weeks trying to find a nice dinner dress that would work. I had not a single pattern that could pass as a modern, somewhat conservative cocktail dress.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1794.png

It was a BIN for $5.99. Something *has* to be wrong with it, even though the listing said it was complete lol Perhaps it's a typo or something.

LD

Miss Sis

One Too Many
LD - The sleeves!!!! Fabulous and $5.99? Gee, I hope all the pieces are there!
Kamikat - A good haul. I recently sold that Dubarry Jumper Dress pattern. I'd had it for years but was never going to make it. Funny you should get one. :)
DPD - As always, your taste is great.
Lauren - Gorgeous pattern. DO make the evening dress. It has such fabulous detail.

Lauren

Great finds, gals! Love them all!
I really love that teens coat dress pattern, Kamikat.

Miss Sis, I think I will :) I just got it and it has all the pieces (hurrah!) and some neat old newspaper inside from 1931. I dug in the stash and found some turquoise greeny silk charmeuse I might use if I have enough.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone. I think I can get a lot of use out of that pattern and I love the buttons at the shoulders. I think this may be the perfect pattern for my first attempt at bound button holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo