Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I just received this from eva dress. Has anyone made it up or a similar pattern?

3322.jpg

I'd love a pair of these. Please take a photo of the end result Goldwyn!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
dakotanorth, Thank you for your imput, I'll be keeping your tips in mind. And I'll be sure to post a photo when it's done which won't be until after Christmas now. I'm still trying to decide on the fabric. Suggestions welcome.

imoldfashioned, Isn't that hood fab !!! I'm doing the overalls first but that blouse is on my list too.

vintagelaura

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:
imoldfashioned, Isn't that hood fab !!! I'm doing the overalls first but that blouse is on my list too.

Double check the pattern envelope, but I'm almost certain that it does NOT include the hooded blouse. I have the same (original) pattern, and mine has the same illustration but no hood.

I have no idea why they (Simplicity) would illustrate something that is not in the pattern! It was a customer who first brought it to my attention.

Laura

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Reporting back.............
My pattern has the pieces for the hooded blouse.

And the crowd goes wild!

You'd look too cute in that hooded blouse--you realize that don't you?

vintagelaura

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:
Reporting back.............
My pattern has the pieces for the hooded blouse.

Thank you for checking!! I never thought they would have put out two different versions of the blouse. I wonder why they changed it without updating the illustrationg?

I'll have to keep looking for the pattern *with* the hood!

Laura

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Folly said:
Isn't it lovely! I want to make that this year for the summer. It's meant to be easy, so I really hope it is, as I'm not very experienced.
The reason most of my patterns are fifties ones is because I have hips two sizes larger than my waist and finding clothes to fit is a pain and as I'm not very experienced, a full skirt seems the better option than trying to tailor something to fit around these hips of mine lol
I have the same problem and most of my patterns are 50's repros also.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Folly said:
Isn't it lovely! I want to make that this year for the summer. It's meant to be easy, so I really hope it is, as I'm not very experienced.
The reason most of my patterns are fifties ones is because I have hips two sizes larger than my waist and finding clothes to fit is a pain and as I'm not very experienced, a full skirt seems the better option than trying to tailor something to fit around these hips of mine lol

I made 6175 a number of years ago, and it turns out looking very dressy and feminine. It kind of reminds me of a bridesmaid dress-if you did it in the right fabric it would be a wonderful formal dress! You might have a little difficulty with the shoulder stays that hold the gathers, so go slow and take your time. It is really a nice frock!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Lotus Leroux - those two dresses are lovely.

I haven't started sewing classes yet so these are my first pattern purchases. I'm looking for simple and not advance patterns on purpose due to my inexperience but I can't help eyeing them up!

advance40sdress.jpg

simplicity488650sskirt-1.jpg

I was watching this pants suit set but it went for more than I was willing to pay -

40ssuitpattern.jpg

Also missed out on this -

patterndidntwin.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
These are some of my repro (and one vintage) patterns. I have another box of ones I don't like so much. I've made almost all of them, just not a pair of trousers or some of the evening dresses - as I have less reason to make those.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

These are some of the patterns I've ordered recently:

86051_1189904573.jpg

7496.jpg

4536.jpg

1141-1.jpg

The trousers are for my boyfriend, as I'd like to start making some stuff for him too once we're married, and we've talked about how difficult it is to find decent mens patterns these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick