Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your Langlitz

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
100% agree, it's tough and durable yet easy to slide on & off, comfortable and not bulky.

You have the other padded straight - zip, correct? Is your a Cascade or Columbia?

@Canuck Panda very graciously gave it too me. I easily carry an inch more in the gut, but Langlitz just makes it work.

I believe it’s the same quality cowhide as yours. Substantial but super pliable.

IMG_7350.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Had their Cascade. I’ve been looking to get their Columbia for a while, your straight zip just blew up my plans. Haha. The straight zip Columbia is cool and would make a great case for custom and I’ll most likely get a lot more use outta it. But I kept going back to the 47 Columbia, it’s got that nice big wide lapel and collar,
View attachment 606190
Langlitz came out with many one off cool designs I just started to find out about them through magazines. Prices has gone up quite a bit though but so is everybody else, only if I knew about these years before….
Ok I thought this was yours - and what a great thing for Tom71 to have that one now. Right, it was the Cafecto style, I had forgotten that part.

If you have the ability, I would call and get into their production Queue - which is 12 months presently. Then I would Go See them in person - at their store, a few months to 6-months later. Made the whole measuring thing so much easier, plus you can try on anything they have in the store at the time. Which is it's own nice reward as well. Just to hang out with these folks, who are so passionate about great leather jackets and great customer service, is really a treat. I cannot stress it enough - Langlitz is really a great place to visit.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks great on you Tom!

Yeah Langlitz wait time is about a year last time I checked. However, in my experience I found them under promise and over deliver, so my order was delivered sooner than they originally promised, which I thought was nice. Definitely a gem and I would love to visit the shop one day.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks great on you Tom!

Yeah Langlitz wait time is about a year last time I checked. However, in my experience I found them under promise and over deliver, so my order was delivered sooner than they originally promised, which I thought was nice. Definitely a gem and I would love to visit the shop one day.

It would be cool if you and the other PNW guys made a Langlitz trip, like the UK guys meeting at Lewis.

Destruct

Familiar Face
Introduction - Finally, over two months after receiving it, I'll post the "second" brand-new Langlitz Columbia I received from them. This is a re-make jacket, as the first one was not long enough to even come near my belt, let alone cover it. In the process of returning the first Columbia, I asked John if they ever made these as straight-zip models, since I already have two very nice Cross zip Columbia's. He said yes, and they sent some photos along of what the straight zip model looks like. Also, one of our members here has a straight zip, however I believe his is a Cascade (so no belted lower portion and not a double-hem detail such as the Columbia model features.)

Features & Design - I have used this jacket sparingly since receiving it, I'll get into the details of "why" here shortly. This is cut from mid-weight black Cowhide, and is padded on both the upper shoulders & elbows. It has just one upper pocket on the LH side, then the zippered lower handwarmer pockets. Plus 3-inside pockets, including the leather lined gun pocket. Interestingly the three inside pockets cover the gamut of closure designs - no closure, zip-close and snap close. None of these get in the way, and you also cannot "see" any of the hardware from the outside. A small detail, but it makes a difference in how it appears.

Lining - The lining in this Columbia feels like the more "robust" material that they use. The two larger cross-zip Columbia's had two very different lining materials, one feels just like this one and is a bit firmer of hand, the other is much smoother and a little "softer" of hand. That said, none of these feel like burlap. So it's not really a jacket you are "roughing it" in here. :)

Fit and Finish - This jacket is pure Langlitz when it comes to fit and wearability - with just one Caveat. It's one of the most flexible leather jackets, right out of the box, that I have ever experienced. This straight zip Columbia reminds me every time I put it on why I have grown to love this brand and the people who build these jackets so much. It just works with you while you wear it. Others have said "There is nothing you could not do in this jacket" and I have to agree. The arm, shoulder, waist, and chest movements you can do in this jacket are pretty amazing. I can see why it's rated right up there with Vanson, etc for motorcycle usage. I believe you could do a complete workout in the gym with this jacket on, however I will not be undertaking this anytime soon. ... One Caveat ... and this is my own fault. The straight zip design on this jacket cuts clear up to my chin, when fully zipped up. I can see on a motorcycle in the cold, windy weather this being a way to minimize scarf usage. Outside of that - it's just in the way. Take a look at the photos (below) of this jacket on me - the zipper is 24" top to bottom. I am indeed thankful that it fully covers my belt now and There are no fitting issues in that area. However with the large windflap going right to the top of the zipper, it's tricky to zip it fully, even partially un-zipped, the material is still right there. So I may have to have them adjust some of this, which would likely be best done with me personally in their shop in the jacket.

Leather Itself - This is some of the most pliable cowhide, and I was just a bit surprised but it's "thin" feel when I first opened the box. However it's thicker and more substantial where it needs to be, and still measures out around 7.3 lbs on my hanging scale - which is plenty. It's starting to wake up here, showing some "rolls" in the sleeves and the smell is starting to come forth from the leather. Like other Langlitz and Horween CXL - it gets quite a bit softer when warmed up.

Public Reaction - People "observe" this jacket. Most are surprised to see a straight zip with these details. The men's director at our church has already taken to saying "take care of my jacket there," when he sees me in it. One of my friends who is a professional pilot tried it out while we met for coffee one morning, and after an hour realized he still had not taken it off and didn't want to. His wife even liked this jacket, which was cool since she had never seen him wear anything other than A-2 jackets up till than. So overall, yes, it's been fun wearing this jacket around and just seeing if anyone even notices it.

Enough talk - here's the photos!

View attachment 606151 View attachment 606153 View attachment 606152 View attachment 606150 View attachment 606149

And here are the fit photos on me as of today...

View attachment 606155 View attachment 606156 View attachment 606154

Thank you for reading through this, and please feel free to share feedback...

Wow, incredible jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner