Show your natural leather

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Guppy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Is there something wrong with Epaulet we should all know about? I do understand the concept of going direct, but I just want to make sure there is not anything else involved with multiple people saying to go direct to Aero?

Also, from the looks of the webpage, Epaulet offers the sale of the jacket in TWO payments! That is easier on the wallet than everyone else that wants full payment up front! Just a thought...

2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@Kuro, I went the epaulet route with a recent Natural Highwayman.. I received the jacket I ordered...mine is OK, But you'll have way more options and the ability to add customization's if you go direct..
    my jacket also took a long time from order date to delivery.. ( 6 months) maybe not epaulets fault.. but who knows, they weren't saying. It also took epaulet about a week to forward my jacket to me after it was received at their shop, and I paid within seconds of receiving the final invoice.
    if you are in the US you will pay sales tax on the jacket purchased from epaulet... customs is hit or miss if you order from Aero.

sweetfights and Kuro like this.
  3. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Thank you for sharing your experience! That helps with my decision process considerably.

I am considering a board racer with slanted chest pockets. As I already have one the fitting won't be necessary and makes ordering easier than purchasing your first jacket!

Edward and Boyo like this.
  4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Epaulet seems to be operating differently as a design studio now based in California. This is very different than when they carried stock items in their NY brick and mortar shop.

5. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

What about metal patination,
    On my mto type2 jacket i have asked riveted front pleats as a mod done in copper ykk rivets, i soaked and lightly washed the jacket once, worn to dry, and i also sometime brush it down from possible surface dust after wearing it outside, and then lightly spray it with a solution of dettol antiseptic and mineral water, today i realize when i checked closer after wore the jacket whole day yesterday that these rivets have collected cool patina maybe from washing or from this misting with antiseptic water i said. I doubt from wearing since i havent worn them hard enough at all, i wore it when my twinstroke bike exhaust torch cleaned the other day.... not sure if the fume and smoke affected this patination too... maybe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have you checked your jeans lately maybe they have hidden patinated gems on their most hidden rivets and buttons you never get to see closely.

6. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Wow, I love that denim pattern... Very very nice.

navetsea likes this.
  7. Edward

Edward Bartender

Now there's a thought, I do spend some time in Beijing every year when it's super-hot. If I got something in this hide....

8. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Yeah- in a Beijing summer, it'd get Mad-Max'd pretty rapidly. You could bowl down to Shanghai and get it steamed, too. The possibilities... In HK, depending on how things kick off, tenderisation is an option.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  9. Edward

Edward Bartender

This is interesting. I remember a while ago wodnering why more places hadn't tried copper-tone hardwear on leather jackets. I've seen a lot of women's fashion leather and leatherettes with it in recent years, and it can look very cool. Would be interesting to see how it aged, though I suspect it might have to be plate rather than solid for zippers, given copper is much softer than brass?

navetsea likes this.
  10. Jejupe

Jejupe Practically Family

Time to start working on tan of my new summer jacket!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Superfluous, Sloan1874, Boyo and 8 others like this.
  11. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

I really love these short shawl collared jackets. Don't see too many of them around. perfect in natural leather. Is this the horsehide?

Jejupe likes this.
  12. Jejupe

Yes, it’s horse. Natural tan Vicenza from Aero.

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  13. Imuricecreamman

Perfect! Then all we need are fitpics :)

14. Jejupe

[​IMG]

mtrlr, willyto, Boyo and 8 others like this.
  15. Imuricecreamman

Man! That is totally badass!! This style is next on my list.

Jejupe likes this.
  16. Robbie79

Robbie79 A-List Customer

Pretty cool! Congrats!

Jejupe likes this.
  17. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

[​IMG]
    Dunno if that natural belt clip can get any darker

18. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@Jejupe look perfect!
    Is that the size 50 from the sales pages?? ..

Jejupe likes this.
  19. Jejupe

Thanks! The one and same. I like this ”slightly darker than usual” natural vicenza a lot better than regular nat vicenza.

Colin G and Boyo like this.
  20. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

I do too... and there is another in size 48 available also..