Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your Paper Bicorns!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
I do not know, when paper bicorns came about for the first time. The modern newspaper as such has got some 400 years of history in Europe. The more democratic modernish papers were founded in the 19c. ...

What so ever, I found the idea silly enough to start a thread. So now, gentlemen, post yours!

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Weekend is coming! Time to post you paper hats!

Here is a litle practical advice by some obvious expert on the matter.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6M4ssBxasFU&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6M4ssBxasFU&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Come on, chop-chop lol :D :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Takes me back

When I was a little kid in the early 50's making that kind of hat for any number of reasons was extremely common. Haven't seen one done in decades now. They were especially associated, as you say, with the old bicorn hats worn by naval commodores back in the 19th century. They're lots of fun to make and wear. Another reason to lament the passing of the age of newspapers!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, I get my news via the internet. :D

DSC_0017.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Good one, Gene!

I'm still working on how to make a Cavanagh Edge on one. I may have to make my own paper to do it properly.

An overwelt is easy, though.

Brad

Dreispitz

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Sorry, I get my news via the internet. :D

DSC_0017.jpg

Hilarious!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

This picture is a perfect start into your new age! Keep the spirit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran