Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show your stuff, fellas!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Jamespowers wrote,
A manly hat indeed. It looks like you got some fuller's earth on it though.
Where is the beaver in the picture?

The beaver is on the bottom the fedora on top. Don't you know a fedora when you see it?LOL :D LOL

Originally posted by SHARPETOYS
Jamespowers wrote,
A manly hat indeed. It looks like you got some fuller's earth on it though.
Where is the beaver in the picture?

The beaver is on the bottom the fedora on top. Don't you know a fedora when you see it?LOL :D LOL

Ohhhhhh! Now I understand. I saw the fedora but the beaver part confused me. :confused: The extra facial hair threw me off. I see it all now.
LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Disclaimer: The above message must not be construed by anyone as an insult or calling someone an old beaver. LOL

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the disclaimer James. We want no gunfire in this pub!!
Is that a trigger cocking in the background??

Hmmm..where'e the back door to this joint?

Fedora

Vendor
The above message must not be construed by anyone as an insult or calling someone an old beaver.

Actually, I have taken several of the posts lately as insults. Not yours JP. No surprise. Insults are easy to throw about when the person is sitting behind a keyboard, not so easy when done in person as they can cost you a bit more. High disregards. Fedora

I don't think anyone here purposely insults anyone else. I can see where a few might be construed as such though. The difference may be in the fact that we cannot see each other's faces when something is said. That is why we have those emoticons to the left of the screen. :D
If we leave those out, a flat message without expression can be taken wrongly. See, I am a clown. I like to laugh and joke because life is too short and frowning hurts my face. :D
This is the reason why I like the Lounge. It is not a flat place. I can learn about hats from people who know much more than I ever will accompanied by some humor. The how can you tell a beaver hat was hilarious even though it started out as an informative thread.
Don't look for the back door Art, the next round is on me. How about some Knockeen Hills (potcheen) black? That should calm a crowd (only 180 proof). Put out those cigars fellas. We don't want to start a fire!

Regards to all,

J

Fedora

Vendor
I don't think anyone here purposely insults anyone else.

You just have not been around long enough. ;) There is good natured humor, and then there are insults camoflauged by the emoticons. They give themselves away when they follow your posts up with theirs.........with frequency. ;) Fedora

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Fedora, I'm sure they were being friendly. When someone starts telling the world that your blocks are inferior or that you wear dresses...that might be cause to worry.

Zane

Suspended
Well about showing stuff and laughing, I am going to return the first hat I have blocked and pounced in ages on Monday ( tomorrow) and I understand I am supposed to get a copy of a DVD showing the bodies being made from start to finish. Only problem is I do not have DVD player. I would love to share this with all and will ask Gladhatter if he can put it on a web site or some how share it. I understand it is quite interesting . He says he also has some unfinished bodies in various states of completion that is going to get me pictures of from the raw beaver hair still on a pelt to the treated hair and then the huge cone and the shrunken cone . I will post the pictures if I get them.

While you guys are all laughing here I am going to be laughing "all the way to the bank" with my first pay check in some time.

Originally posted by Zane
While you guys are all laughing here I am going to be laughing "all the way to the bank" with my first pay check in some time.

Congratulations Zane. That is good to hear. I am always happy to hear good news. Laugh all the way to the bank. You deserve it. I am sure you earned it and then some. I would like to see how the hat that you worked on turns out. The whole process is interesting to me.

Regards to all,

J

Zane

Suspended
JP, hope its ok to address you as such, It is a very small hat for man of small stature. It is not my favorite color of Rust and has a rather small brim also. I am sure they will take pictures of the finished hat and possibly tomorrow . If so I will certainly post a picture of it if they will make me another CD of pictures. I think I have over a hundred hats on this first CD they made me. All seem very nice hats. This one is not a belly beaver hat and yet it has turned out well thus far. I am excited to see the custom dyed ribbon for it to see if it has that just mild contrast that was requested. The only think I really like about the hat is the narrow ribbon requested. I like wider ribbons also but often a narrow ribbon just lends to a sexier looking hat. Certainly in this case it is a must as the hat was blocked at only 5 inches open crown and will crease in at 4 1/4 at high point.

I am off to bed now and will check in tomorrow when I get home or if I can snatch a computer over there for a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic