Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shrinking a Mister Freedom Campus jacket

mumpy

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

I ended up owning a Mister Freedom Campus jacket that is about 2 sizes too big for me.

The jacket is made of vegetable tanned full grain cowhide with a natural finish and color. It is fully unlined and has a raw feeling. Basically anything that touches it alters its colour.

The jacket has no zippers, just buttons.

Do you think there is any reasonable way of shrinking the jacket? I do not mind if it takes some “character” in the process. At the moment it is most loose around the chest and would like to shrink that as much as possible.

I have gone through some other threads where similar topics were being discussed but they were about jackets made of different leather/materials so I wasn’t sure if the techniques discussed therein would also be applicable in my case.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• 1290BB15-2775-4324-B5C6-3A3D91068F50.jpeg
    1290BB15-2775-4324-B5C6-3A3D91068F50.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 80

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Tony is right!
NO way! 2 sizes too big is not going to resolve itself with any amout of water. Sell it and buy the right size, rather than ruin it and be stuck!

I'd list it here for sale or trade. This is a popular jacket on these forums and you would likely do very well with it here.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Agree with all of the above. You can shave a little length off the sleeves with hot water treatment, not as much as people would have you believe, but trying to shrink two sizes is a non-starter.

Edward

Bartender
Yip. Even if you could shrink it that far, there's no guarantee it would go evenly all over.... definitely best to sell and use the proceeds towards one in the right size, rather than risk having a jacket that still isn't right for you and has been rendered unsaleable...

Should have thought it won't be hard to sell one of those at a good price, especially if it is a larger size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto