Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silvercross, Wilson, Pedigree's

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
I have been looking at the Vintage, coachbuilt prams. My mother had a burgundy silvercross in a corded velvet for me when I was a little baby. It was beautiful.
I absolutely adore the coach built prams, they are so luxurious. The large wheels, bouncy suspension, shiny chrome finishes and the swan neck handle bar's. They are just devine, it got me thinking now about how for ease people have a car seat they simply clip it from the car onto the chassis of a buggy. I understand how size and function matters, and popping it in a boot of a car perhaps is a must, but just how incredible were they - there quality, craftmanship, comfort they gave. They are much more charming than the modern day ones, how babies were able to lay out flat, stretch, roll, and they were up high and not at kicking height! I am definately going to think of ways of cramming one into my boot, or getting a van...?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo