Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt fit check

hungapotamus

New in Town
Hi everyone - I purchased this Two Lane Blacktop from a member here and after wearing for about a week I'm not sure if it's slightly too roomy on me. Please give me some feedback so I know what measurements I should aim for in my next jacket (sorry for the crappy pics).

I am wearing just a T-shirt underneath in the fit pics. I can layer a flannel or a hoodie although a hoodie is slightly snug (not tight). For reference, I am 5'10 and 170 lbs.

Jacket measurements:
-Chest: 22.25” PTP
-Shoulder: 18.5”
-Sleeve: 24.5”
-Back Length: 24.25”
-Front Length: 25"
-Bottom Opening: 20.25"

PXL_20240201_045839256~2.jpg

PXL_20240201_045859104~2.jpg

PXL_20240201_045845256.jpg

PXL_20240201_045927274.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes, a hair roomy. I am sure, you could loose 0,5“ all around.

That said, this would be the tolerance for most makers anyhow, so you may end up with a very, very similar fit.

The jacket looks good on you as it is, and personally, I would be happy with it. Throw a jumper on, and enjoy the jacket while it is still cold enough for some layering.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
What a nice jacket. I think saying that it is too roomy is splitting hairs, unless of course you are after a "t-shirt only" look. I like it the way it is.

hungapotamus

New in Town
Thanks for the assurance guys - I think it looks good too but it does feel like there's slightly too much volume in the chest especially when I'm sitting down with it fully zipped up (maybe it needs to relax a bit and break in).

I don't want a skin tight t-shirt fit but I would like a more fitted jacket for my next one which will likely be a custom Aero premier highwayman or 1930s half belt.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The fit looks good to me. The chest is a bit bigger by design in this kind of style. I've come to like having extra space at the hem in belted jackets because that's the whole point of the belt. If it's already dead on to your waist, then that's a useless adjustment.

N.b. I realize you don't have a belt on here, but I think this is how they should fall when worn beltless as well. And you can always grab a belt.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks good. Most cop jackets pattern base will be a bit big up top and then a sharp taper like your jacket. SB decided to slimmed up the sleeves on this one. So the body is relaxed but sleeves are slim. This will make layering with hoodie a bit difficult but perfectly good with vests. I think a lot of officers wears vests under their jackets, most of my cop jackets seems like that is the case.
Good pick up. This pattern and the Tailgunner pattern variants are the two best from SB imo with some taper down the torso, the other patterns don't have seem to have any taper just straight down.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
The fit looks good to me. The chest is a bit bigger by design in this kind of style. I've come to like having extra space at the hem in belted jackets because that's the whole point of the belt. If it's already dead on to your waist, then that's a useless adjustment.

N.b. I realize you don't have a belt on here, but I think this is how they should fall when worn beltless as well. And you can always grab a belt.

This! It’s a style that usually comes with some extra room in the chest. Going for a more fitted design in the next jacket should be the way to go. I am sure you will appreciate having this jacket to play the layering game.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This! It’s a style that usually comes with some extra room in the chest. Going for a more fitted design in the next jacket should be the way to go. I am sure you will appreciate having this jacket to play the layering game.

I think the biggest mistake a lot of us (myself included) have made is, in response to people wearing slim styles too big, we get what are meant to be roomier styles too small, which doesn’t look right either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner