Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt - Need help to communicate!

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Hello all

Does any of you have any way of reaching out to the folks at Simmons Bilt?

I have a jacket on order, & was on the verge of finalizing the order, but there has not been any response to emails or phone calls since last 2 weeks.

That is quite surprising as the usual response time was less than 24 business hours

Cheers

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Last response I got was 7 days ago (but I'm not waiting for a new one).
Usually Debs responds in 1-3 days in my case.
I've had 60+ emails back and forth with her so far.
Best communication I've ever had.
Not sure what's up in your case.

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Last response I got was 7 days ago (but I'm not waiting for a new one).
Usually Debs responds in 1-3 days in my case.
I've had 60+ emails back and forth with her so far.
Best communication I've ever had.
Not sure what's up in your case.
1-3 days is what has been my experience too, except the current situation

The last response I received was on 20th April. I made a couple of final changes in the order and sent to Debs. I think she was to send me back a final sales order doc for my confirmation before sharing it with production

But there has been complete radio silence ever since. I have tried following up via emails and phone calls, but no response received

I just hope all is okay at their end

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@trainspotter
I know that Debs and Steve went on holiday to Spain Apr29-May1 for 3 days.
She responded to me last time on Apr27.
I hope you get a response and manage to finalize your order.
What are you ordering by the way?
Here's how my final sales order looks (waiting for production):
1683219791760.png

nattevagten

A-List Customer
@trainspotter
I know that Debs and Steve went on holiday to Spain Apr29-May1 for 3 days.
She responded to me last time on Apr27.
I hope you get a response and manage to finalize your order.
What are you ordering by the way?
Here's how my final sales order looks (waiting for production):
View attachment 514313
Damn, that's a lot of specifications there, haha. I think I only requested p2p, shoulders, and the usual sleeve/back length. Probably waist, too, as some of the styles lack taper.

trainspotter

A-List Customer
Thanks @TartuWolf

I am ordering a Tailgunner in Epsom Horsehide.

A suggestion - I believe Pacific(& most SB jackets) have higher armholes. You may want to account & go for longer sleeves and slightly larger p2p compared to the five star due to the narrower build and higher armholes of the SB

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I'm also already contemplating a Tailgunner/"Vanishing Point"/Liberator/"Youth of America" in Natural HH afterwards if this order turns out to be a success. The customer support / communication that I have received so far from Deborah won me over as a customer. Just need to see how the actual jacket turns out and how issues are handled if they arise.

I'm really hoping for high/small armholes because the ones on my 5* are much too low/large.
Does that influence sleeves a lot? I though only shoulder width influences sleeves because sleeve length is measured from the shoulder seam.
For pit to pit I'm mainly going with this formula (which I got from some TFL threads):
Inhaled chest width (36") + 3" of chest ease (39") divided by 2 = 19.5" or ~49.5cm

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

Peacoat

Bartender
I'm also already contemplating a Tailgunner/"Vanishing Point"/Liberator/"Youth of America" in Natural HH afterwards if this order turns out to be a success. The customer support / communication that I have received so far from Deborah won me over as a customer. Just need to see how the actual jacket turns out and how issues are handled if they arise.

I'm really hoping for high/small armholes because the ones on my 5* are much too low/large.
Does that influence sleeves a lot? I though only shoulder width influences sleeves because sleeve length is measured from the shoulder seam.
For pit to pit I'm mainly going with this formula (which I got from some TFL threads):
Inhaled chest width (36") + 3" of chest ease (39") divided by 2 = 19.5" or ~49.5cm

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.
You will need to let them know this is your inhaled chest measurement. Also, chest meadurements are not given as p2p size. Only the jacket is measured as P2p. You don't want to confuse the manufacturer.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@Peacoat
Thank you for the tips!
I gave them both inhaled chest measurements (~92cm) and desired ptp (~49-50cm) as you can see in the sales order I shared in my previous post.

Peacoat

Bartender
@Peacoat
Thank you for the tips!
I gave them both inhaled chest measurements (~92cm) and desired ptp (~49-50cm) as you can see in the sales order I shared in my previous post.
If they asked you for the desired p2p, then that is OK, but I have never had a manufacturer ask for the p2p. Just make sure they know how you obtained the desired p2p.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@Peacoat
Well I didn't mention how I obtained it, but I said it was based on an existing well fitting jacket - they commented that from their perspective my given inhaled chest and my given desired ptp do seem to be a good match / make sense.
They did not ask for any jacket measurements, I just decided to to provide as many measurements myself as possible based on my 5* jacket knowing what happened to Pandemic when he got a jacket from them without specifying much himself.

zebedee

One Too Many
Debs is really great at filling people in with info. I was on the verge of getting an SB a year or so ago, but anything sent to me was getting impounded in Shanghai customs. I like their SB V2 and Statesman, but I'm not a huge fan of the collars on some of the other jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points