Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ! Mike, Tom & Simonds....
Tom all the grandkids have a good collection going Fedoras too....& they love em

Simonds, Good news for the Toddler cap concept..

OHHHHH YEA !
Looks Good from all Pics... the fabric seems perfect to hold its unique shape & corners & folds..
Marcs Cap was probably a Whipcord type fabric

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
Thanks Johnny, this one has been very difficult to make, because of the bill. I have turned my attention to that again and it's been a struggle for me.

Simonds

Vendor
Found some Brown Denim herringbone just enough to make two 8 panels.

100_0609_zps6b7c4744.jpg

100_0618_zps79e1a982.jpg

Simonds

Vendor
Your work is improving fast Barry! I can see fantastic caps coming our way. :eusa_clap

Thanks, Frank, Still a work in progress though. I have been reworking some details, changing a few things.

Caps look great. It's cool to see someone chasing their dream.

Thanks, It's a challenge sometimes, really enjoy it most of the time. Now if I could just find the dining room table.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Simonds: Question. (I didn't read all 292 posts on this thread, so you may have previously answered this question, so forgive me if it's redundant.) Do you take commissions? Would you be able to make a cap out of the remains of an old tweed jacket that has seen better days, but still has some good material? (Even tho it's coming apart at the seams.) Thanks!

Simonds

Vendor
Barry congrats on that zig zag stitching on your leather sweatband. Looking better all the time!

Thanks, JC! I've began constructing the caps totally different now and yes have started installing the leather sweats with an zig zag stitch. Same goes to you, your work gets better with time also, amazing I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn