Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Looks and sounds like medium weight calico, rather than duck. The typical duck you'll find would possibly be too heavy for a cap.

New cap with leather cinch back!

Yeah, looks like Carhartt workwear fabric to me too...

This type of fabric is called Duck cotton color brown.
[/URL].

Thanks guys, yes, it is a medium weight canvas that works great for the workwear caps.

Simonds

Vendor
Baron, I used a light/medium weight cotton canvas for the caps so they would be durable and a little less stressful for Che on keeping them clean. :) Btw, the jute I used for the NS cap turned out great, I love the weight and the support/structure it gives the caps! Thanks again for the advice!

Simonds

Vendor
JC, the thickness of the Jute is 1.35mm about the same as a dime.
I really think if gives the cap a character all its own and compliments our vintage cut very nicely.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
JC, the thickness of the Jute is 1.35mm about the same as a dime.

I've been looking for hemp or jute in 1.8mm thick in a tighter weave canvas to match the cap I took apart, but I haven't been able to find any. All I have seen is about 1mm thick. A supplier told me that its too expensive to make but I would think that someone must have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch