Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing Advice: The Real McCoy's Cooper 30s Sports Jacket (44)

Fit

• Fits well

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Fit is acceptable

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Slightly too small

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Far too small

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

frogbart123

New in Town
Hello! I recently enjoyed the opportunity of trying on The Real McCoy’s “Cooper”, a jacket in which I’ve long been interested but was convinced would never fit due to a limited range of sizes. To my surprise, the 44 seemed to fit well over a single layer, precisely the way I’d want to wear it. In an effort to restrain my bias, I am asking for some input more knowledgeable and objective than my own.

I am 6’ 1’’ with a ~9’’ chest-to-waist drop and I do think that, irrespective of sizing, the Cooper pattern suits my build well. My question concerns fit—does the jacket look appropriately slim, egregiously small, or somewhere in between? Thank you!

Attachments

• jacket1.png
    jacket1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
  • jacket2.png
    jacket2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
  • jacket3.png
    jacket3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
  • jacket4.png
    jacket4.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 196

jglf

A-List Customer
Looks like a good fit overall but the arms are a little too short for my taste. They will probably shorten 1/2 to 1 inch over time as the sleeves crease from use.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
It looks too small for my taste, but I recognize that I prefer my jackets to fit a bit looser for comfort and layering. YMMV

willyto

One Too Many
I think it looks quite small. It doesn't look like you can actually move comfortably in it.

The shoulders and the collar don't sit properly on your shoulders and the biceps seems too snug, we can see your tee riding up at the top of the sleeve and the back pleats are already open.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I'd say you're just on the edge of crossing over to too tight. If you were maybe 5lbs lighter, I think that would be perfect fit and give you a little bit of leeway. It's still ok, but any sort of weight gain and I think you'll be out of the safety range.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
That's a very wise decision, congratulations. The jacket is too tight and the jacket also has a very aggressive taper. I tried the jacket on myself a few days ago and although I was fascinated by the leather and the workmanship, I refrained from buying it because of the unusual and somehow strange-looking taper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana