Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleeves Too Short?

gwhtfrd

New in Town
Just got this Premier Highwayman from JCSD. It fits me like a glove. My only concern initially was that the sleeves were a tad too short. Justin purposely went a little shorter on the sleeves with this one. Typically, I would prefer a touch longer, but I happen to think it works with this jacket. What do you all think? Thanks!

IMG_9859.jpeg

cbez

One Too Many
maybe half an inch shorter than my ideal but definitely fine especially if you wanna flex your watch. leather looks good.

gwhtfrd

New in Town
Appreciate your feedback. Living with it for a minute to see how it goes. And I know it comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.
The sleeves would be too short for me, by perhaps three quarters of an inch.

But it's not my jacket so it doesn't matter what I think. Or what anybody else thinks except you.

Just wear it if you like it and don't if you don't.

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The sleeves would be too short for me, but I think it looks quite cool in the picture. If you feel comfortable with it, I see no reason not to wear it the same way.

Foch

New in Town
In my very limited experience. As a motorcyclist I prefer both sleeve and pant length on the longer side. As they shorten a lot in the sitting position on the bike. An old expression "You dress for the slide not the ride".

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
If you ride… No good. If not , plenty of people wear leather jackets that have sleeves that are too short. Some makers have models wearing them just that way.. Up to you.. And you alone !!

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Agree with the last few comments. Fit through the torso looks 100% spot on, makes the sleeve length look fine, if not intentional.

But if you ride, not the best...even while driving a car your sleeves will sit pretty high up your forearms but that's not an issue if it doesn't bug you. I would throw on a long sleeve shirt underneath and see how much cuff peaks through and if that visual is a deal breaker.

But looks cool in that picture, enjoy.

This style isn’t even remotely meant for a motorcycle. The comments about a bike don’t make sense as this isn’t a bike jacket. For me the sleeves are at the point where I try to let them out if I can, or sell the jacket b/c they are too short (to each their own and all that). I always finds that when you ask the forum “is this too….” The answer is already there before a single response is made.

Manolito

Familiar Face
As far as I am concerned, the sleeves of a jacket must end from below the wrist bone up to the start of the thumb.

Your sleeves are short, but not too short and still look stylish.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
I think they look fine, great in fact - the jacket is awesome. How do they feel, it's up to you whether they're too short really? I much prefer sleeves which are a touch short - the idea that they should end where your thumb starts would be too long for my preference.

Al 916

One Too Many
I would like them an inch or two longer. For me the sleeve needs to stop at the base of my thumb. If HoosierDaddy were still with us, he would agree. He and I both have long arms and are sensitive to sleeve length.

This cuff stop position works for both your long and my short.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 19.02.28.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner