Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smallville Noir

Rafter

Suspended
Brooksie said:
Darn... i was meaning to watch this but I forgot!

Brooksie
Let me sum it up for you, Brooksie. Here's what you missed.

After leaving us with a glimpse at the frightening Ares project last week, how does Smallville kick off its final three of the season? With a gimmick episode. PT Barnum would have been proud of this one, maybe not so much in what the Smallville crew accomplished, but in that the die hard fans no doubt ate this drivel and request second helpings.

Basically Lana gets shot, which is pretty intense in itself, which makes the perfect segue to … a 40’s noir episode that takes place in Jimmy’s cold cocked noggin? I mean, come on. We have more important things to do than endure Jimmy’s retro dream of the Daily Planet in the 40s being subjected to poor attempts to mock the poor acting and histrionics of that age.

If this episode had occurred earlier in the season, I probably would have thought it was cute, but at this point in the game it is a tremendous waste of precious build up time. Instead of setting the stage for the battle we know is coming in two weeks, we follow bizarre effigies of our characters through scenarios that seem, in some hallucinatory way, to be based on what is going on in the waking world.

All is not completely lost though, there is definitely time given to the present again and some interesting revelations are made. Most importantly, Clark finds out why Lana was forced to marry Lex, and he is not a happy camper. There is precious little more about the Ares project, and the setup for the next episode is light at best.

In short, definitely not one of the best episodes for this phase of the series, a nice diversion, but at a time when diversion should be the furthest thing from their minds. Next week, back to the story.

Brooksie

One Too Many
It appears that I did not miss out on much except just another night of bad TV, I guess this is the reason why I do not watch TV any longer even though I do own one because I get the urge to watch it about every 3 months, then I watch one show and I think what a waste of time - why did I bother to do that?

Brooksie

Photomuse

Familiar Face
Rafter said:
In short, definitely not one of the best episodes for this phase of the series, a nice diversion, but at a time when diversion should be the furthest thing from their minds. Next week, back to the story.

Hmm much like many of the shows today..... lost

[huh]

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
My wife taped it for me and I got to see it.
I thought it was fun. Tom Welling got to channel Christopher Reeves. The Daily Planet sign looked like the television series plaque. I thought Chloe was great.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Doh!

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
My wife taped it for me and I got to see it.
I thought it was fun. Tom Welling got to channel Christopher Reeves. The Daily Planet sign looked like the television series plaque. I thought Chloe was great.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Chloe's the prettiest girl on there, if you ask me. Of course, I was a huge Willow fan as well.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Doh! said:
Chloe's the prettiest girl on there, if you ask me. Of course, I was a huge Willow fan as well.
Yes, and yes. I'm a complete sucker for the "geek girl" look, too; Marilyn Monroe's got *nothin'* on them.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Kristen Kruek's acting gives me hives. I did like the first season but I couldn't stick with the show after that.

-Viola

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Clark has been out of high school for a while and was going to Kansas University.
I enjoyed Kreuk more when I saw outtakes of her.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner