Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smart casual boots with side zip recommendations

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
I am looking for recommendations for a smart/casual boot with a side zip that I can wear when out casually or to a club.

I've been all through the 80+ pages of sticked threads and all the boots listed within, none were black with a side zip.

Price limit is around $200. Waterproof is a plus.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No offense but side zips are not very vintage. You might get more answer in other places. I can't help you with that request either. Sorry.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not much love for sixties on the FL either. Don't get me wrong. I don't criticize you or your choice of boots. Some questions just don't get much attention here because they don't fit the focus of the forum. Last time someone asked for boots like Ryan Gosling wears in a modern movie. People posted vintage inspired work boots as a reply which didn't fit the question. (they were much better)

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
You're right, I don't have much love for vintage stuff. However TFL seems to have a wide array of members, and certainly doesn't seem to be limited to vintage wares.

In any event, I am now getting a pair of chelsea boots as a good sidezipper booter seems very hard to find. Just trying to decide Between Frye, Timberland and R.M. Williams.

Edward

Bartender
I can't honestly recall ever having seen a high end pair of boots that weren't motorcycle boots that were zip fitting; it's something that seems to be more common on cheaper boots, usually, for some reason, combat style boots which are also laced. If you're looking for something easy on/ off that doesn't require you to bother with laces, your best bet probably is a Chelsea boot. All the high end sho companies seem to do those - I know Trickers have some that are worth looking out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24