Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smokers and non smokers, what do you do, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelson

One Too Many
LOL!! I carried before I had the CCP, so it wouldn't make much difference anyway....;-)

Notice your link is to Nashville. I don't LIVE in Nashville, and the small towns are STILL doing fine, thank you very much! Looks like the bigger cities are taking the hit.

I'm an ex-pipe/cigarsmoker, and I'm still mystified at how a smoker ties this as being an attack on personal 'rights' when it's the non-smoker who has had to live without their personal rights for so many years.

Regards! Michaelson

luvthatlulu

Suspended
So you're saying when it comes to your rights, you'll just break the law to continue on as usual. In other words, your rights matter...no one else's does.

Non-smokers have, as always, enjoyed the freedom to choose whether to frequent an establishment where smoking is allowed or not. Like you waving your .357 magnum, I've yet to see a business owner herding non-smokers inside at gunpoint and forcing them to breathe second-hand smoke.

Michaelson

One Too Many
lol It's apparent you missed the smilie at the end of the CCP line too. That's ok. Its apparent you're on a mission. I'm not.

If you feel that strongly, I suggest you jump onto the folks in Nashville and fight for your 'rights'. I'm still trying to understand how you equate Constitutional right of gun ownership to your right to blow smoke in my general direction. I choose to own a gun. Me owning and carrying the weapon neither affects you one way or the other, especially if you have no knowledge that I'm even carrying the item. You blowing cigarette smoke indiscriminately in an area that I am also trying to exist in is stomping on MY personal rights, as I AM being forced into participating in YOUR chosen 'vice' against my will, so how do we meet in the middle on this? That's the real question, isn't it?

Regards! Michaelson

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Where the heck have I suggested anyone has a right to blow smoke in your face, Michaelson? Your right to a CCP and their right to smoke (neither of which is illegal, mind you) has to be tempered with good judgment! Did someone suggest that, given the CCP, you had the right to wave the gun around?

Is this really that hard to understand?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That's enough. This is off track from what the vices section is about. It's about enjoyment of your vices, not a place to debate whether they're proper, or should be allowed more places, or bad for health, etc. Smoking is fine to talk about as long as it's under these circumstances.

--Thread copied over to Observation Bar, where it can be continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy