Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snakeskin Hat Bands

Brent good to see you sporting a western and proper firearm! All of my cousins kept rifles in their trucks so they could squirrel hunt after school. It was part of life. My ag teacher taught us how to kill hogs and steers at my high school. Can you imagine life skills being taught now?

It’s good to see you around these parts, Ed! It hasn’t been the same without you. Hope all is well.

.44 Special makes for good snake medicine.

All of my cousins kept rifles in their trucks so they could squirrel hunt after school. It was part of life. My ag teacher taught us how to kill hogs and steers at my high school. Can you imagine life skills being taught now?

I completely forgot about the guns in the Truck thing.......same here!!! Those who had pickups had a rifle or shotgun on a rack (sometimes one of each)!!!!

AND....YES, I forgot about the hog and steer killing AND butchering right there at the High School for AG class!!!

Somehow that (the butchering) made me think of the REAL auto accident cars set up for display every couple of years.....along with photos of what happened to the victims, taped to what was left of the car!!!!!!
PS: I will say students could opt out of approaching the car to view the photos......but I really don't remember anyone doing that....they all wanted to look!!!!:eek::rolleyes:

I completely forgot about the guns in the Truck thing.......same here!!! Those who had pickups had a rifle or shotgun on a rack (sometimes one of each)!!!!

AND....YES, I forgot about the hog and steer killing AND butchering right there at the High School for AG class!!!

Somehow that (the butchering) made me think of the REAL auto accident cars set up for display every couple of years.....along with photos of what happened to the victims, taped to what was left of the car!!!!!!
PS: I will say students could opt out of approaching the car to view the photos......but I really don't remember anyone doing that....they all wanted to look!!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Until the internet killed it, the California Association of Highway Patrolmen published a monthly magazine with gruesome photos. It was always one of the most popular magazines at the library. There’s something about those types of photos that people can’t help but to look at.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
Even in gun-hating California it used to be so much different. I road by bicycle hundreds of times with a rifle or shotgun across my handlebars to go hunting or shooting. I was never stopped or questioned. A 12 year old boy with a firearm ridding his bike across town seemingly wasn’t a concern to anyone. I can’t even remember the last time I saw a rifle or shotgun in a rack in the back of a pickup’s window.

I did get one odd look yesterday while fishing, but then I only saw three or four people all day.

View attachment 244931

and the lower half:

View attachment 244932
You need to move to Texas where open carry is legal. This is everyday here it keeps the looneys at bay.
49822858_524344514742656_5224224723650478080_n.jpg

I’m blown away with the level of service that WyomingWildCC provides. I purchased another snakeskin hat band and within minutes I had a response. They are made to your specifications for an exact fit. Jennifer asked for a photo of the hat so she could select a good match. You also get to choose the skin you want to so you don’t have to rely on their choice.

3D8B6F0C-1D5B-46AA-9AA3-9C9A079B40C7.jpeg
A423003B-BBAC-4B37-BFB4-95052E5D2044.jpeg
7AAE75B7-00B9-475F-845D-7A0D959E35C7.jpeg
B66BB0EC-0CD7-4DF0-98ED-44589D90D48A.jpeg

#4 would be ready in two weeks. I went with #2. $60 well spent. :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/232872...atband-snakeskin?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1

Last edited:
I came out of my church late one night and came across a small group of gangbangers hanging out in the parking lot. One of them had a fairly large python wrapped around his arm and neck. I approached the group and they eyed me warily. I offered my hand to the snake handler and said...."You know what I think of whenever I see a snake like that?" He replied..."what?"..... "snake skin cowboy boots or a nice hat band"' Well, he and the rest of them cracked up with laughter and I went on my way. What's that saying....leave'em laughing! Great hat band by the way!

Yahoody

One Too Many
belfastboy said:
I was thinking what came first....."Damn, I have all these rattlers I should make hatbands" or "If I am going to make hatbands I may as well raise and skin my own damn rattlers!". I am always curious about the origins of the esoteric.

Just as likely, John Wayne came first hahahahahhahhahahahah:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass