Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snap Cufflinks

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Picture009.jpg

A old pair of celluloid snap links.

Canadave

One Too Many
I have a few fairly heavy cotton dress shirts and find it very difficult to get my "kum-a-parts" through the two layers of cotton. Anyone else have this problem?

David

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Inspired by some of the shots here (MK's especially), I just bought this pair; I'm wearing them today and am very pleased with them:

002-2.jpg
(Green celluloid and Mother of Pearl)

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Canadave said:
I have a few fairly heavy cotton dress shirts and find it very difficult to get my "kum-a-parts" through the two layers of cotton. Anyone else have this problem?

David

Sorry David, I just saw your post. I can't get my kum-a-parts in if I try to put them through both layers of the cuffs, but if I do it through the outer button hole and then the inner one for each piece there's no problem.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Nick D said:
Sorry David, I just saw your post. I can't get my kum-a-parts in if I try to put them through both layers of the cuffs, but if I do it through the outer button hole and then the inner one for each piece there's no problem.

Yes, this seems to work for me too. I'm wearing the pair illustrated above again today, to pick up the green in my tie and handkerchief (or possibly vice-versa!)

oddlots

New in Town
I just picked up my first pair of vintage snap links and though I wasn't sure I'd like them they're quickly becoming my favorite style in terms of use and convienance. I still love my gaudy wrap-around links, but the snaps are very secure and much harder to lose.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got these as part of a lot. I was actually after something else, but this was a nice bonus. They are 'Snap Link' and, indeed, do *snap* when you take them apart.

p1012314fa6.jpg

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Dagwood said:
Brooks Brothers is offering 2 different pairs of snap cufflinks which, according to the website, is based on "the classic style of 1920's". Of course, they are $145.00 a pair. However, nice to see.

I saw those a couple of months ago at the Brooks Brothers store. I was very surprised. The price does prevents men from biting on the hook though.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was able to pick up a pair of the Brooks Brothers snap links on ebay a year or so ago for much less than retail. In fact, I'm pretty sure those links were sold by Brooks for quite a bit less than the current price then, too. More like $100 than $150. I don't know why they've gone up so much.

Still, the supply of vintage snap links on ebay is so great there's no need to pay that kind of price for them.

Feraud

Bartender
There was a thrift store in my neighborhood that had around 6 pair of snap cufflinks separated and thrown in a box. I was able to match and purchase them for a few dollars a pair.

Contrast that to a small shop in NYC that sells mis-matched links for 50 bucks and matching for 100!

I recently purchased an interesting pair. They are triangular shaped, black with a silver star design. I'll post a pic soon.

Cufflinks

New in Town
Wow, great pictures of cufflinks. I prefer wearing cufflinks, traditional looking ones, nothing too funky. I am not crazy about this new style of cufflinks that looks like a bead and threads through, usually they are multicolored and come with the shirt. I'm sure there's a name for them, but I can't remember it. They sold at Bloomingdales and Kuhlman for bery cheap, but they looked it. I have some great vintage cufflinks, real beauties from my grandfather who died in the 1960s, but they looks great from their original purchaes date which I imagine was more than 50-60 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot