Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I got my first proper hat...

Stas Spade

New in Town
The one I was talking about from the Fedora store. At first I was worried the brim was too big, I thought I had wings and looked as if I were to fly away any second... but I think it's because I'm used to wearing trilbys.

Anyway here's a completely self indulgent "I wish I was Humphrey Bogart" picture of it... you like? Is nice? I don't suit most hats sadly... :/

1368803701_l.jpg

epic610

One of the Regulars
nice look!

i think you have got to get your arms around the fact that when you wear a decent, stylish hat your whole body chemistry changes; you are not the person you were before. therefore, you should feel a little awkward until the new self-image imprints itself on you.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
epic610 said:
i think you have got to get your arms around the fact that when you wear a decent, stylish hat your whole body chemistry changes; you are not the person you were before. therefore, you should feel a little awkward until the new self-image imprints itself on you.

Here, here. You worded that perfectly.:eusa_clap

mcddyea

New in Town
So I got my first proper hat

Epic 610 expressed so well what I felt the other day when I wore my new hat for the first time. I did feel different, and a bit self-conscious at first. But in a while, I felt very comfortable with my new hat, and confident in wearing it. You look very good in your hat; wear it and enjoy it!

Stas Spade

New in Town
I don't know how relevant this is on a mainly American forum, but I was going for the Bogart Maltese Falcon look but have been told I look more like Tom Baker in Dr Who! Maybe it's the scarf :/ haha.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's the scarf... unless there's a spray painted box behind you...

Get a vintage 30s silk or acetate scarf and
you can have the warmth and the look...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner