Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So My Glasses Broke. Looking For Suggestions

DougC

Practically Family
I've got no help there--but I did just order a pair of Savile Row Pantos for myself (not from Vintage Optical).

Last edited:

Lonny

One of the Regulars
Hey there,

I work at an optical shop. I don't need prescription glasses but I am a sunglass fanatic.
After going through the Ray-Ban phase that seems to have sweeped the world over the past ten years I've checked out a few other brands.
Persol, I've seen a few of their 649 frames made into prescription with a nice effect and I own 2 as sunglasses, one in a nice light havana color and the other is black with blue lenses, love them both.
Moscot as well seems pretty vintage inspired, I picked up two of the Lemtosh frames, they're a little small for me, even though I got them both in the large size, I guess that's the price you pay when your brain is just SO MASSIVE.

Anywho! Good luck!

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Either look around in antiques malls or shops, or go to WarbyParker.com. All glasses are vintage inspired, designed and produced in house so lower costs as no designer overhead, new styles every season, all old styles always available, sample frames available 2 - 4 at a time, all glasses $100 each w prescription (you provide the prescription, free shipping for everything), and with each pair that you buy, a pair is donated to a visually impaired individual in a third world country. I wear Warby Parker exclusively now for years.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
My wife has an astigmatism, but the lovely folks at Classic Specs in Brooklyn still sorted her out prescription glasses and sunglasses in a few days, after she took in a copy of her prescription when we were visiting last year. Nice people, great vintage flavoured products, and only $89 per pair all in! A large range of frames in differing shades, choice of coloured lenses, anti-reflective coating, a hard glasses case AND free shipping, both ways of you need it! Hell, you can even get 'em to send you a box of frames to try on... can't recommend 'em highly enuff!

I got a pair of these with Evergreen lenses:

beaumont-sunglassesweb-brandy_1024x1024.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner