Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sock it to me?

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
I've never tried your number one matt but I've tried both ralph lauren and brooks brothers. It's funny because I spent considerably less on the ralph laurens (they were buy three for 12.99 or something like that) but I liked them a lot better than the expensive brooks brothers. Also, I don't dance but I walk a lot, at least a few miles a day, and the brooks brothers ripped after three wearings! did you or anyone else have this problem?

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
What about the itch factor with wool socks? Wool against my skin usually drives me crazy! :eek: When I sometimes wear wool socks in the winter I usually put the wool over cotton or polyester socks to avoid the itching!

carldelo

One Too Many
WideBrimm said:
What about the itch factor with wool socks? Wool against my skin usually drives me crazy! :eek: When I sometimes wear wool socks in the winter I usually put the wool over cotton or polyester socks to avoid the itching!

Smartwool doesn't really itch, not sure what they do to the Merino wool. I use it as insulator garments when kayaking - much better and more breathable than fleece.

I too generally wear wool socks - but I did pick up some socks made with bamboo fibers at a Syms. They are soft like silk, wick like wool and are great for dancing - but I can't remember the brand...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
carldelo said:
not sure what they do to the Merino wool.
Merino wool comes from Merino sheep, which are prized for having the finest and softest wool of any sheep. It requires no special processes for manufacture.

carldelo

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Merino wool comes from Merino sheep, which are prized for having the finest and softest wool of any sheep. It requires no special processes for manufacture.

SmartWool is not just plain Merino wool - from their website:
Above all else, it's extraordinarily comfortable. Far from the itchy wool of yesteryear, SmartWool clothing is super soft. Our partners, New Zealand wool growers, raise their merino sheep to our exacting standards, to ensure the wool we start with is super-fine. Combine this with a production process that removes all itch and shrink, and you get socks, accessories and apparel you’ll never want to take off—even after the day’s journey brings you home.​

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Socks in action.

IMG_5266.jpg

Maguire

Practically Family
I like those socks but i almost only wear black because my socks within a week or two have holes by the toes or heel. Plus i can't be bothered with thinking about what sock to wear with what pants/suit. I only own black shoes so trying to get brown socks for brown shoes is simply not an issue. In time perhaps...

Cody Pendant

One of the Regulars
If you really love socks you'll wear more than one pair!

Matt Deckard said:
I go dancing nearly daily and my feet take a pounding. Cotton socks no matter how soft or specially made, no matter what cotton plant they came from or how treated in some odd way or another; cotton socks always end up sticking to my feet in some odd way, chafing my skin against the sidewalls of my shoes and leaving me cold footed at the end of the day, soggy and adjusting how they lie in my shoes. QUOTE]

Matt have you tried a liner sock? A thin nylon or spandex sock put on first to provide some slide between your skin and the sock. Extra benefit as it also wicks the moisture away from your skin to the outer sock. I too dance allot and have found this to be of great help. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy