Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD** Borsalino Featherweight

If you've been hoping to find the elusive Borsalino Featherweight from Salvatore Balbi's shop in Naples at a good price... this one may be for you. The exterior of this hat is in excellent condition. Color is rutenio. Narrow 1/8" brim binding 1 1/4" matching ribbon has a bit of wrinkle in the front. Very light, soft and flexible felt holds shape well in a hat that weighs 2.5 ounces.

Inside, there is no liner. I believe there was one originally. The sweat is serviceable with no splits or cracks, but it is not one that you would want to flip inside out if you are prone to do such things. A small area by the rear taped seam had wear and broken stitching. I applied adhesive here, reattaching the sweat to the reeding. If there was foil in the sweatband imprints, it is there no longer, though the impressions can be read in oblique light.

Punti 5 fits my 22 1/8 circumference head comfortably.
4 1/2" crown
2 1/8" brim

$75 via Paypal includes shipping in the lower 48.

feather4.jpg

feather1.jpg

feather2.jpg

feather3.jpg

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
You know what I love even more than your excellent taste in hats Alan? The fact that you wear the same size as me! If I were a little more flush at the moment I'd jump on this baby, but one of these days I just know you'll have something I can't pass up. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24