Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: 'Hurley' 7 1/4 vintage tan fur felt fedora

jec

One of the Regulars
This was an Ebay purchase that I received just today. It doesn't fit me, so I am putting it up for sale immediately (so I can continue my quest for the perfect lid on OFAS!).

Brand seems to be a proprietary house brand: "Hurley," made expressly for Davidson's Men's Wear in Cleveland. The box (which is in terrible shape) says Bond - and probably is not a match for the hat. Maybe someone on the Lounge knows more about the store and/or brand and can offer a comment.

About the hat: check out the photos. This is a nice looking lid (which is why I bid on it in the first place!). It arrived very clean and in good shape. There is a slight smudge of dirt on the front on the brim, and some inconsipicuous spots of slight fading on the ribbon (visible in the side view), and a hint of minor surface abrasion (maybe moth nibbling?) along the ridge of the crown. But there are no dibbles or holes anywhere. The liner and sweatband are very clean. But it probably could use a cleaning and blocking.

Dimensions:
Size - 7 1/4 (maybe slightly tight for the nominal size)
Open crown - 5 1/2",
Brim -2 5/8" with 3/8" binding
Ribbon - 1 3/8" wide

PRICE: $40 shipped in the USA

send a PM or email if you are interested.

HurleyBox.jpg

HurleyBowside.jpg

HurleySide.jpg

HurleyLining.jpg

HurleyLabel.jpg

jec

One of the Regulars
Close up images of faded spots on ribbon

As requested:

HurleyRibbonSpots.jpg

HurleyRibbonSpots2.jpg

I think that under certain lighting conditions these spots could be more noticeable than under others - but they are very subtle and barely noticeable, as you can see. These pix were taken under color-corrected fluourescent bulbs in my studio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy