Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**SOLD** LARGE ( 44-45 R ) PINSTRIPE PEAK LAPEL SUIT

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
*** SOLD ***

Many thanks to the lucky buyer!

For sale is a handsome vintage single-breasted, peak lapel pinstripe suit (very 1930s looking) in beautiful condition, a great shade of rust brown, and a LARGE SIZE: 44-45 Regular! It is made of 100% tropical weight wool (lighter and cooler than Palm Beach Cloth). Some history about the suit:

The first, brief revival of 1930s fashions occurred in 1967. That year, Warren Beatty’s film, “Bonnie & Clyde,� was a surprise success. For one short season, suit makers offered designs based on the ‘30s. Seven years later, the remake of “The Great Gatsby� would also influence suit styles; by then, however, Carnaby Street and polyester had firmly taken hold, and the results were more monstrous than elegant. 1967, however, was another story. The “Bonnie & Clyde�-esque suits were made of wool; the jacket lapels were not outlandishly wide, and the trousers were appropriately high waisted. (High? Wasted? Bad pun, I know.) True, they often had chunky (or worse, “golden�) buttons, center vents, and the trouser legs were usually cuffless. Still, the overall appearance was credibly ‘30s-looking.

newestmisc312.jpg

newestmisc311.jpg

newestmisc314.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

SUIT SIZE: 44 - 45 Regular

FLAT MEASUREMENTS (COAT):

Chest (measured from underarm to underarm, and doubled): 48 inches

Back length (from top of collar to bottom of back): 33 ½�

Full sleeve length (from center of collar to sleeve cuff): 33 ½�

Outer arm sleeve length (from shoulder seam down to sleeve cuff): 25 ½� (+ 1 ½� to let out at cuff)

Underarm sleeve length (from underarm down to sleeve cuff): 16 ½�

Back width (from shoulder seam to shoulder seam): 19 ¾�

Waist: 45 ½�

FLAT MEASUREMENTS (TROUSERS):

Waist: 38 (+ 3 ¾� to let out)

Outer seam length (from top of waistband to bottom of cuff): 42 1/3�

Inseam length (from crotch to bottom of cuff): 30�

Width of trouser leg bottoms: 9�

Height of trouser cuffs: No cuffs

Trouser hem: 3 ¼� to let out

CONDITION:

Excellent. I’ve found no stains, fading, odors, rips, fraying, holes or moth bites.

Price: $100, payable via PayPal, personal check, money order or cashier's check.

Please do not offer to buy the suit via a post on this thread. Please PM me instead. Thanks!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Thanks Marc. I am hard to fit...so I was thrilled to read a suit that sounds like it was made for me. The suit fits great. I plan on wearing it tomorrow night to a swing dance. I will be sure to wear in NYC in May too.

Thanks again.

PenMan

Familiar Face
The threads in this thread are worth another look. Just thought I'd bump it up. Great suit, and nice piece of insight into fashion history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou