Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Vintage borsalino fedora (almost) mint 7 1/2

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Hello Loungers!

It breaks my heart to unload this lid, but at least I know if one of you fine gentleman bites the hook, it will go to a good home and a good head. I’ve NEVER worn this hat out of the house. (Not my style exactly.) So it’s time to pair it up with somebody who will wear it proudly and get some enjoyment out of it.

This fedora is absolutely amazing. Stunning, actually. The lightweight felt is a sublime shade of taupe/tan/beige. It is extremely soft and pliable – it can be styled and bashed to your heart’s content. Buttery is the only word to describe the felt. There is NO MOTH DAMAGE whatsoever. (I hate those little buggers)

It is a true size 7 1/2 with a 2 ¾” brim, the black ribbon is 1 7/8” and the crown (open) is a generous 6” Also please notice that this Borsalino sports the highly-prized corrugation at the front of the sweatband, which is in perfect condition.

There is an unusually exquisite gray binding around the brim – check out the photo – I’ve never seen one like it before.

There is one issue with the fedora… an extremely slight color variation in the felt at the front of the brim and also in the binding. Please see the photos. (As you know, the binding on vintage fedoras often appears less than perfect). Please keep in mind that this is visible only after close inspection. I have not attempted a naptha bath, but it's quite possible that a good cleaning will resolve the issue.

If you are overly picky about your fedoras being in PRISTINE PERFECT condition, if you like your hats to be 100% factory mint, this is probably not the lid for you because of the issue described above. (If this sounds like you, you should probably steer clear of light colored fedoras altogether);)

But in all other ways, this Borsalino is absolutely LIKE NEW.

I paid $210 for this Borsalino and I am NOT looking to make a profit.

It’s yours for $225 shipping included (CONUS.)

Here it is:

DSC08449.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC08448.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC08447.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC08443.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC08445.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC08444.jpg