Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Vintage Ramenzoni "Solis" Fedora, Gray, 7-3/8, 2-1/2" brim, teardrop bash

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
Sorry, it's been SOLD!

For sale is a beautiful vintage Ramenzoni "Solis" fedora. Color is a rich steel grey and the hat is blocked in a classic teardrop. Size is not tagged, but it is definitely a 7-3/8. Brim is 2-1/2" wide. Matching grosgrain ribbon is 7/8". The 100% rabbit-fur felt is dense and rich, and in great condition, with no mothing, stains, etc. There are only a couple of insignificant marks on the bottom of the brim; these are visible in the photo, and would likely disappear with a few swipes of a hat sponge. The only condition issue is a roughly 1-inch tear in the very thin plastic crown protector. The lining itself is nearly pristine. All in all, this relatively rare vintage fedora is in a excellent condition. I'd rather it go to a fellow lounge member, but if not, it goes to the bay.

I am asking $89, including USPS Priority Mail shipping anywhere in the lower 48. PayPal is preferred. I don't know if I have accumulated enough posts to have PM privileges yet, so feel free to email me at leullman_at_verizon.net with any questions you prefer not to post here.

I was not able to find much info on Ramenzoni, but here's what the original eBay auction description had to say:
"Ramenzoni Hats have a long history . . . Originally produced by Italian haberdashers in Brazil, the company was bought by Chapeus Cury. The company still manufactures hats in Brazil and fur felt and hat bodies for companies around the world, including Stetson and other material for hat-makers."

One of the few things I did find searching the Lounge was a thread with hat advertisements, including this one posted by user “fabiovenhorst.” If the gray fedora in this ad is not exactly the same hat as mine, it's mighty darn close!

ramenzoni_ad.jpg

=================================================

ramenzoni_hero.jpg
ramenzoni_side.jpg

ramenzoni_backright.jpg
ramenzoni_top.jpg

ramenzoni_bottom.jpg
ramenzoni_liner.jpg

ramenzoni_band_logo.jpg
ramenzoni_band_xxx.jpg

Last edited:

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
I'm extremely interested, could I interest you in a trade for a 7-3/8 italian velour and some cash for yours?

EDIT: Here's the link to my sale thread along with some pictures, and the sale thread where I got it.

Last edited:

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
I'm extremely interested, could I interest you in a trade for a 7-3/8 italian velour and some cash for yours?

EDIT: Here's the link to my sale thread along with some pictures, and the sale thread where I got it.

Thanks, but I can't do a trade at this time. I have sell this one to pay for a couple of other hats I won on eBay this month. Gotta keep the peace around here somehow if I ever want to buy another hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael