Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLID POTATO SALAD

Novella

Practically Family
decodoll said:
I did a search...it's from the movie, Broadway Rhythm.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this clip before too, but I think I maybe saw it in the movie Summer Stock with Judy Garland. In the movie Judy Garland's character ended up starring in a play put on in her family's barn.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Ok, on the "back" of all your comments, I caved, I watched it. And I stand by my original comment.:eek: Cute barn though - love the way the door closes by itself!:D

Salv

One Too Many
It's a great song...

I love that song, although the version by Ella Mae Morse is much, much better - and Ella Mae was a babe as well:

Ella_Mae_Morse_In_A_Jazz_Recording_Session.jpg

Lena Horne and Nat 'King' Cole did versions as well. The Ross Sisters are just scary though.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The title must have come from " truckin' ", a lingo and a way of strutting popular with American high school kids in the late '30s (and which was adapted from a Harlem dance.)

In the song, you can hear the phrase "groovy movie potato salad". Seems to be a reference to "The Groovy Movie", a classic '40s film short packed with Lindy Hop dancing.

Salv

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
In the song, you can hear the phrase "groovy movie potato salad". Seems to be a reference to "The Groovy Movie", a classic '40s film short packed with Lindy Hop dancing.

I tried to watch it again to hear that bit, because I didn't remember hearing it earlier, but the film has just been removed by order of Warner Brothers. Damn! Did anyone save it?

Salv

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
I didn't save it, but I watched it twice to make sure. They really did say "groovy movie potato salad".

Oh, I wasn't doubting you Marc; I missed the line in the film as I was distracted by those three very comely young ladies in short-shorts...

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Salv said:
I tried to watch it again to hear that bit, because I didn't remember hearing it earlier, but the film has just been removed by order of Warner Brothers. Damn! Did anyone save it?

Is it possible to download and save videos from youtube? I tried right clicking on it and looked around for a link to save it,...but to no avail. Emailed it to myself, but that was merely a link. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic