Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Art~

I am just going to agree with everyone else here and say take it easy. You are much more important than a hat. I knew a person that had some minor chest pains before and they had found out it was stress/anxiety. Once they got away from their normal grind, and put more family and fun into their lives, the chest pains went away.

Take care of yourself Art.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Hi, Art,

I know the idea of "slowing down" or "taking it easy" is probably driving you nuts, especially since you have outstanding orders. For someone with your integrity and sense of responsibility it may be difficult to override the internal pressure to fulfill your obligations as quickly as possible, but as many have said (including those with hats on order--sadly, I'm not yet one of them :( ) your health is the important thing.

On a different note, I'll be out there for my annual fishing trip (arriving on the Sept 18th, on the Rogue 20-23) with my godson in a couple of months. I'll be able to come out to see you sometime between Sept 24-26 if you're home--I'll give you a call when I get out there.

Take care of yourself!

Tom

majormoore

Vendor
Art, take care of yourself, I know first hand about a heavy work load and what happens when you push yourself to far. The body and mind don't like it when you hit our age.

Mike Moore

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Everyone needs some time off - besides, it's been a busy year for you. Heck the storm that took out so many trees at your ranch was/is enough by itself I'm sure.
Take care of yourself.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Good luck with everything, Art.
As the Type A that we all know you to be, I found what I think to be an appropriate sentiment:

Winners never quit... they recover.

Be well. :)

Cricket

Practically Family
Art,
I wish you the best, and I will keep you in thoughts and prayers. For now, just relax. Hats will always be around, especially with this crew.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Oh, Art -- please take care of yourself. You are very dear to us and we want you to live a long and healthy life.

It is difficult, when someone who is a hard worker and is as conscientious as you are, has to slow down and take a break. but ... just do it.

R&R is just as important as getting a job done, more important, in fact, to keep stress and disease at bay.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

karol

rrog

A-List Customer
Well wishes to you and prayers for you...

I'm new here, but I've made some observations. This site/forum is about style and class. And in that vein, most members here (actually, all the ones I've come across so far) are both stylish and classy. Our passions and things we are passionate about (hats) matter to us, but people matter too. As a minister, I've seen family members who couldn't wait until uncle so-and-so died so they could begin to fight over his assets. I'm sure you lawyers have seen this too. But the folks around here seem to realize that it's people that matter most. They get that. I think that's indicative of the type of members here. And the perspective that keeps such prioitites in line is always in style.

(A tip of the hat to you...)

Get well,
Rick

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art, I know you have been extremely busy this year. I can remember your year starting with the big storm and you spending the days clearing trees and your nights making hats, and posting in between. I (as a HUGE Artwork fan) also noticed the number of new VS hats has skyrocketed this year, so yes SLOW it down!

If you get anymore downed trees this winter leave them til spring and I will come out and help clean up if you need it. I've never been out west and the doc says I need to get in better shape anyway which reminds me...
I know how it is to put things off, I was having some left arm numbness and chest pain at work a few weeks ago. I was no way no how going to say anything cos I knew my boss would call rescue. So I made it through my shift and into my off days. Finally when I was scared enough I went to the DR. who promptly sent me off to take those tests where they try to kill you on the treadmill. They said my heart at least appears to be fine for the next few years if I lose weight, Appears to have been a cracked rib or something but that I need to exercise and reduce my stress.
So take the tests you need to take, it may be as simple as cutting back on your workload. :)

PS: if the torture tests don't kill you then you must be ok!

Stan

A-List Customer
Time to take a pause

Hi,

You know, act like you're on vacation. Sleep late. Get up and do nothing. Putter. Enjoy the day. Things like that.

Yes, I have an order in. No, I don't care how long it takes to be finished, or even if it *ever* gets finished. Just as long as *you* don't wind up finished!

Heck, it's *only* a hat.

Heresy around here? Maybe. But, I bet large $$$ that everyone will agree.

As I said in my email yesterday, if I weren't the entire country away, I'd come visit. Well, now I wish I were a lot closer. I'd hitch up the trailer, load the bulldozer, chainsaws, cables, snatch blocks, and all that kind of equipment. I'd come over and clean up trees easily enough.

Take it easier, now, y'hear!

Later!

Stan

Ben

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Art, I know you have been extremely busy this year. I can remember your year starting with the big storm and you spending the days clearing trees and your nights making hats, and posting in between. I (as a HUGE Artwork fan) also noticed the number of new VS hats has skyrocketed this year, so yes SLOW it down!

Art,

It may be easy for us to say, but don't panic. As Indycop's story shows, sometimes things are not always what they seem.

But you never know, you may have torn a muscle cutting up trees or you may have an alien in your chest trying to get out.

So keep working with the doctors, and if anything seems strange, go in right away and be assertive. They work for you. Like everyone says, your health is most important.

In the meantime, keep everyone's advice from this thread in mind and take it easy.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to hear that you've been having some health concerns. I hope you will take some time to "slow down a bit" and will in short order be ready to get back in the swing of things.

GWD

One Too Many
Well Crap, just when I was going to order one of every hat you make in every color! :D

Seriously, Get some rest, go fishing and read a good book or two. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Take care!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran