Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

some general hat info that I have been afraid to ask

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The only thing that stops me wanting more ORs is that there isn't a lot of colour choice. Sure they are out there (I once had a pale blue/grey one), but most are obviously the old faithful Silverbelly.

Of course, you can always collect the various quality levels:

Royal
Royal Deluxe
3X
Sovereign 20
7XCB/50

Did I mess any? Was there a 100 labeled as an OR?

Can then start on the clones.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Agree, Ed. I wear my Winchester (from Art and Tony) and Stetson (3 x Stetson 25) Silverbelly hats a lot.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I think you are right on, Tony. Items with an especially high price can develop a cachet or mystique that some buyers find irresistible.

Any Optimo hat is going to be extremely nice (I own several) and not cheap. That said, I haven't taken the 1000 dollar plunge yet. I have handled one at their store, and believe me, I sure wanted to take it home (it was already owned and in for a blocking or a new ribbon). The idea of it being the "real" silverbelly makes it very attractive. According to what they said at the shop, the undyed bodies sell quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner