Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some of my vintage dresses

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some pictures of a few dresses that I recently acquired. I just went on a cruise with Hemingway Jones, and the ship decor was inspired by the 30's and 40's, so it was the perfect backdrop for some vintage looking pictures. I thought it would be fun to share them with you. Hope you all have a very happy and healthy new year!
Daisy

p10200560ey.th.jpg
U

whistlebait

One of the Regulars
Wow, you have quite a collection going. All of your dresses are quite pretty and I just hope you share more of them with us in the future.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Thanks for Posting the Pics!

Ms. Daisy,

Thanks for posting the lovely pics of your outfits on your recent cruise. I'm sure most of the Lounge members would agree you were probably the best dressed couple on board!

Peter :)

PS HINT Hope more Lounge members post pics of their fashion adventures in 2006!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hello Daisy,

Eventhough you are in the next room, I thought I'd pop in and say, who is the good looking guy in the Poplin suit???

You really did a great job with posting the pictures, BTW.

I must say that those dresses look lovely, and you certainly animate them with grace and presence that belie your few years. Anyone can put on a piece of vintage clothing, but few actually inhabit them. Too often, a dress seems to be wearing someone, instead of someone wearing the dress.

Well done, kid. I admire your poise.
;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
You look absolutely lovely! Love the green dress! What cruise ship is that? Vanessa's been trying to talk me into going on a cruise with her, but I'm afraid of seasickness. I told her I'd consider it if it were vintage style!

Daisy Buchanan

Lauren Henline said:
You look absolutely lovely! Love the green dress! What cruise ship is that? Vanessa's been trying to talk me into going on a cruise with her, but I'm afraid of seasickness. I told her I'd consider it if it were vintage style!
Thanks Lauren:)
Cruising can be a great time. It does give one the opportunity to see a lot of different places. I only wish I had more time to see some of the ports. We went on Royal Caribbean. It was one of the smaller ships in their fleet, but still very nice. Another great thing about cruising is you don't have to worry about picking the right restaurant to eat at, all meals, snacks, anything you can imagine are included in the price. As for sea sickness, the boats are so big, you usually don't even know you're on the water. They also make wonderful little patches that I hear are great at preventing any sea sickness that might arise. I hope you guys get to go, it provides a great excuse to get dressed up! Hem and I have some more pics posted at http://homepage.mac.com/glickc1/Menu12.html if you want to sea what the ship and ports look like, might give you a little push to book a trip with Vanessa.
Thanks again:cheers1:

Daisy Buchanan

Marty M. said:
Daisy, Great job. Your dresses are true treasures. I'd hang them up for display in my store anyday.

Marty
Hey Marty, Thank you! If you lived in Boston I'd gladly stand in those windows in my dresses (provided I wouldn't have to wear them while still hanging on the hangar, that would be uncomfortable). Maybe that would start a vintage revival in this town where nobody seems to dress vintage except me and Hemingway Jones.

FedoraGirl

New in Town
daisy,

very beautiful! i love the dresses and think the shoes are darling!

i'd love to go on a cruise like that, hope you had a grand time!

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo