Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some vintage Parker pens

Left to right 1-12 A variety of Late 20's to early 30's Duofolds
#13 a Parkette in Burgandy
14-17 some Vacumatics
18-19 51's
20 is a 45!

parkerpens.png

max the cat

Familiar Face
parker

wonderful photo-

I used a Parker 45 in highschool, my grandfathers 51 in college-iI amlooking for a decent 51- I have a decent duofold JR and am hoping to have the Vacumatic nib installed cant recollect which feed worked better w/Vac.
There may well be various generations of nibs used on 45-have a gold(?) plate one on a medium blue 45 which writes better than any 45 I have ever owned. i am anxious to try some of these inks mentioned in various threads.
max

Some more from the pen fair

Project1.png

John Maloney (on left) helping with a vintage pen. Note case on the wall is from Fred's personal collection.

Project3.png

Lee with a selection of desk sets including both fountain pens and the dip pen with ink well sets.

Project12.png

Looking into the sales area from foyer. Here old and new friends are meeting and discussing personal preferences or looking for that next pen. The first 3 antique cases on the right are filled with vintage pens.

Thanks!!!

BegintheBeguine said:
You're looking swell, John!

Thanks Ashley!

I am wearing my most recent Burlington Coat Factory special, a Hat from Hockel, which is acually genuine fur felt for $40! I have a few stylish modern Hawiian type shirts, I thought the color of the hat would compliment the shirt fairly well. {As an aside I have actually been losing weight (slowly) over the last few months by portion control with meals and such. I am happy to say I can fit into some clothes that I couldn't a while back.}

It was a good pen fair, I know that Fred sold at least 6 Laban pens, which is not bad at all. I got to meet a lot of great people and was able to share some info on using fountain pens with newbies.

panamag8or

Practically Family
John, do the two Big Reds write? If so, you are pretty lucky. I got to sign a contract today with my Parker 51 Signet, and the other guy was suitably impressed. I love carrying a fountain pen!

Duofold Devotee!

Yes, they do, one does have a small crack in the lip but they both write like a dream. #4 the Black ring top need to be re-tipped and #10 the Apple Green has a cracked nib. Both I want to send to John Mottishaw at some point when my budget is better.

I Love Vintage Duofolds!!!!!

Parker Lucky Curve

Well, there's sharing and there's sharing. All are Antiques store finds with a few EBAY won bids throw in except the brown gold vacumatic that is a Fountain Pen Shop of Monrovia pen that i had to have. It's view thru clarity is startling. One of the few I have not written with yet.

I have found a few Parkers that have the Lucky Curve feed intact. often the first repair guy would snip the curve off!

Actually I don't own a modern Parker yet.

I like the Flat top Duofolds and I love the steamlined ones a lot. I would like to get some of the ENGLISH wartime Duofolds, they are like the streamlined style but have some unusual plastic designs and colors.

panamag8or

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
Yes, they do, one does have a small crack in the lip but they both write like a dream. #4 the Black ring top need to be re-tipped and #10 the Apple Green has a cracked nib. Both I want to send to John Mottishaw at some point when my budget is better.

I Love Vintage Duofolds!!!!!

I hope it is not too forward of me, but could I suggest Richard Binder for nib work? He is really good, and his customer service is outstanding.

http://www.richardspens.com

Back East

panamag8or said:
I hope it is not too forward of me, but could I suggest Richard Binder for nib work? He is really good, and his customer service is outstanding. http://www.richardspens.com

John Mottishaw is right here in LA and is a fellow member of the Southern California Pen Collectors Club. (gimme the high sign!) Richard is well noted also, as is Nathan Tardiff and several others. I'd prefer to stay local and talk to John, also crack repair is a speciality of his.

Greg Minuskin at www.nibretipping.com is doing some nib work too, he is in Beverly Hills, but no crack work yet.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
John in Covina said:
I have found a few Parkers that have the Lucky Curve feed intact. often the first repair guy would snip the curve off!

Actually I don't own a modern Parker yet.

My Duofold Jr. is all original and has the feed intact. One of my best buys from Pen Haven! I don't own a modern Parker, either, but honestly, I'm just not attracted to them. I'm all about the vintage Parkers, though.

I would eventually like to get the BIG Duofold Interantional versus Centenial I never remember which is the big one. Black with gold trim and a STUB nib.

otherwise it is vintage all the way.

I have about 3 vintage pens for every modern.

metalnut

New in Town
John in Covina said:
Left to right 1-12 A variety of Late 20's to early 30's Duofolds
#13 a Parkette in Burgandy
14-17 some Vacumatics
18-19 51's
20 is a 45!

parkerpens.png
Great stuff to collect, takes up little space and unlimited different models to go for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24