Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone talk me out of this or not :)

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
yeah, waiting to see yours, Justin. I may end up being swayed back to the SB. But I'm really digging that Indian/Ridley combo.

This is probably my last jacket before I institute a one in/one out. Simply have no more closet space, so I've reached the end. But going to make the last one count for sure. That's why I want to get it right. And I'm sick of all the tailor charges lately. Just want to buy it right and be done with it.

robrinay

One Too Many
yeah, waiting to see yours, Justin. I may end up being swayed back to the SB. But I'm really digging that Indian/Ridley combo.

This is probably my last jacket before I institute a one in/one out. Simply have no more closet space, so I've reached the end. But going to make the last one count for sure. That's why I want to get it right. And I'm sick of all the tailor charges lately. Just want to buy it right and be done with it.
I’m 6’1” with a 32” inside leg so I’ve got a long torso. Aero add a bit of extra length on the back of the jackets they’ve made for me. The amount varies depending on the style but you can trust them to get it right based on the body measurements they ask you for. If you’re really lucky you might find the right spec on the sale page but having a custom order is my best advice. If you’re thinking of it being your last jacket it’ll pay to get it spot on fit wise.

Edward

Bartender
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Insurrection order all their stock Aeros an inch longer than Aero standard already?

If you like your belt covered, what jeans you wear matters - e.g. modern, low-rise 501s versus an pair of vintage-spec denims that sit on the natural waist.

Worth thinking carefully about what pattern you go for if you are going to elongate a jacket. I've seen many Perfecto copies on the women's fashion market in the UK in recent years which have been elongated in order to cover those 'just on the top of the bumcheeks' low, low waistband styles, and the jackets look awful. Right length for the jeans, but 29" on a P-type just looks all out of whack. YMMV, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider