Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sometimes blind trust works out . . .

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In a world rife with duplicity and skulduggery, I am pleased to report that my imprudent blind trust of a new, unknown member’s offer of assistance resulted in a successful transaction.

A few months ago, Iron Heart released this flannel shirt:

ihsh-277-ind.jpg

It sold out with lightning speed (literally within minutes at most retailers). Given my overabundance of flannel shirts, I resigned myself to do without this one. Then, a few weeks ago, I saw a guy wearing the shirt and it looked even better in person. I had to have it.

But, there was only one available on the planet in my size, and it was at IH Japan. IH Japan flatly refuses to ship outside Japan. Moreover, to dissuade international buyers, IH Japan also refuses to ship to any known proxy. I asked IH UK if they could acquire the shirt for me (of course, I would pay the higher IH UK price). IH Japan will often provide products to IH UK but, because there was only one available in my size, they refused.

Next, I turned to the TFL community and asked if anyone in Japan could proxy the shirt for me. A relatively new and unknown member, @maikeru81 , offered to help. I didn't even know his last name, let alone any details about him. Nevertheless, I decided to roll the dice and Paypaled him the purchase money, plus shipping costs.

The shirt arrived today. Huge thanks @maikeru81 . I am very grateful!

Last edited:
Nice shirt super. I have a couple of the IH super heavy flannels. Nobody does a quality shadow plaid like IH. They are essentially jackets. Glad the outcome was positive. The beauty of this place is always victorious over all else. Those who try and spoil it are ousted (usually in short order). That’s what keeps me here.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
The quality of community on TFL is amazing. Any member here over a few months or with 100 posts I’d be comfortable sending a jacket and accepting payment when they could. I was the recipient of such trust when i sold a jacket and the buyer paid and asked me to hold it for a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana