Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Songs That Mention Hats

Raggae Cowboy

I was walking down Broadway
New York, New York
Tony Llama boots and a Stetson hat
Proud to be a country boy
Just then a messenger called me
Rasta man on the road
He said "You gotta get the rhythm of the islands
Help me carry my load"

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was listening to Lyle Lovett (Pontiac album) on a run this morning. I had to add the Don't Touch My Hat song to the playlist. I have a soft spot for the Lyle Lovett song Don't Touch My Hat.

A long while ago I got to meet him in a guitar shop before I knew he was a musician. Conversation, handing a guitar back and forth and even seeing later that evening seeing him perform concert I learned about the man Lyle is. He was a gentleman, genuine good guy and funny. I tip my hat towards Texas this morning.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up

"The Sun Has Got His Hat On" is a song by Noel Gay and Ralph Butler. It is known for its appearance in the 1985 version of the musical Me and My Girl and was originally recorded in 1932 by two popular UK dance bands – Ambrose and his Orchestra, with vocals by Sam Browne, and by the Henry Hall BBC Dance Orchestra with vocals by Val Rosing.

If you want to see the best collection ever of WTF hats, watch Al Simmons as he models the mechanical hats that he invented.

I was listening to Lyle Lovett (Pontiac album) on a run this morning. I had to add the Don't Touch My Hat song to the playlist. I have a soft spot for the Lyle Lovett song Don't Touch My Hat.

A long while ago I got to meet him in a guitar shop before I knew he was a musician. Conversation, handing a guitar back and forth and even seeing later that evening seeing him perform concert I learned about the man Lyle is. He was a gentleman, genuine good guy and funny. I tip my hat towards Texas this morning.

Cheers, Eric -
Love Lyle, love that song. Saw him a few years ago in concert with John Hiatt.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Mein hut, der hat drei ecken.

There's an English version of this song, with a different tune, but similar lyrical intent. Interestingly enough, I notice the German version refers to hats in the masculine, while, despite all the English lyrics I can currently find using neutral "it", I distinctly recall the version from my youth using the line, "my hat she has three corners."

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
There's an English version of this song, with a different tune, but similar lyrical intent. Interestingly enough, I notice the German version refers to hats in the masculine, while, despite all the English lyrics I can currently find using neutral "it", I distinctly recall the version from my youth using the line, "my hat she has three corners."

We used to have to sing this song in my third grade class, eons ago! The teacher would put it on the record player and the whole class would have to sing along, in German! Good memories. I loved the third grade. That was the best five years of my life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24