Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

&Sons

barnabus

One Too Many
Heritage style and work wear, all the things we like.

Based in the UK, with a bricks and mortar store here too. Literally everything they sell appeals to me in one way or another, but I've not bought anything from them (yet).

I feel like it's a matter of time though!

Has anyone bought any of their stuff?

I like their shirts very much, especially this one;

And they do some nice outerwear too.

And trousers.

Like I say, I'd happily buy just about anything they sell I think.

e: not spamming here, but curious if anyone's had anything from them and what the quality is like.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
&sons flatcap IMG_7251.jpeg IMG_6414.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How's their quality in comparison to other manufacturers?

iiuc, all their stuff is designed in house and unique to them.
Unfortunately, I only know the caps, because from Europe I do not order anything there, which I may have to send back.
The workmanship seems impeccable to me and is not worse than that of my other caps. The material of the beige cap, for example, is with synthetic fiber. I like them, but the caps of the real hat makers (e.g. Harris Tweed, Magee, ...) are higher quality in terms of material.
At least the caps I find a bit too expensive.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've ordered a few items from them. Their sweats and t-shirts are very good quality and Steve McQueen is a central style influence for them, which can only be a good thing. However, I do feel their prices are on the high side and their knits do seem to be prone to heavy bobbling. I returned a heavy blue sweater because of this, which they replaced without any quibble, but the problem returned. I really like the top, so I just use a bobble remover.

Edward

Bartender
These guys are on my radar for their workwear waistcoats (I'm always on the lookout for an alternative to a jacket when it's too hot for one but I need the pocketses...). Anyone tried those? Much of this type of thing looks like they're in the same general ballpark as Pike Bros.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I would definitely say it's Pike Bros territory. There are some decent discounts to be had, not least 20 per cent off your first purchase or when you download their app, and their sales are pretty good. I think you just have to pick and choose, tbh.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I purchased their "Rebel" Harrington when it was on sale for half off, maybe 2 years ago now? Manufactured in Portugal. The materials and quality of manufacture were all pretty nice.

I haven't handled any of the rest of their stuff in person, but for a lot of their offerings, I agree with what Sloan said a couple posts up about their prices being on the high side, e.g. $110 to $120 for a cotton henley, or $50 for a plain white tee shirt.

There are also some design choices they have made on some of their stuff that I think are kinda goofy , like the button cuff tab on their chinos or the button-on logo strip thing on their right sleeve of the peacoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner