Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Southern Cal - 1962

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
An old thread, but an excellent nostalgia trip. The demise of sit-down Chinese cuisine around here has made me think the time is ripe for a revival of a 1962-style South Seas themed steakhouse that also features non-buffet Asian food.

An old thread, but an excellent nostalgia trip. The demise of sit-down Chinese cuisine around here has made me think the time is ripe for a revival of a 1962-style South Seas themed steakhouse that also features non-buffet Asian food.

We briefly lived in Gardena from circa 1968 to 1971. There was a place on Rosecrans called Yue's Cantonese that was owned by a friend of my Dad, I remember that it had the whole Polynesian tiki lounge theme.

Yues1.jpg

yues2.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Amazing how many names and slogans would cause snickers today. I don't think a family restaurant would have "we love your children" as an ad slogan for very long and survive in this day and age. "Waitresses, ooh la la" probably wouldn't go over big with the HR department either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo