Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spade soles on modern shoes

The Shooman

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
Maybe they could do it through their custom order program? I have an A.E. store not half an hour from my house; next time I'm over on that side of town I'll ask.

Being as mass factory like AE, l highly doubt they would do it, even if it was a custom order. They are factory workers, not shoemakers, they need to follow an ordered procedure. l wish you luck.

All the spade sole lasts angle in sharpely at the toebox. lmpossible for a person like myself to ever wear. :mad:

The Shooman

Practically Family
Undertow said:
lol

How unfortunate. You'd think most in the cobbling business would at least have an idea. Did you describe it to him, and then he slapped his head and say, "Oh you mean [insert different term] soles? Of course we do those!"

l don't know about overseas, but in Oz cobblers are very poorly trained. l hear that cobblers from malls have about two hours training before they are let lose on the publics shoos. Most of them are only capable of simple glue jobs.

The Shooman said:
Being as mass factory like AE, l highly doubt they would do it, even if it was a custom order. They are factory workers, not shoemakers, they need to follow an ordered procedure. l wish you luck.

AE has the ability to do some types of special orders but AE has specific features that you can select from that all fall into what they can handle in production. You should make an inquiry and maybe let their marketing guys know what you are looking for.

Matt Deckard has gotten a couple of pairs of AE's with specific construction details, you might ask him about that.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I don't know if it means if they're actually going to make any, but the design guys supposedly are to have looked over the suggestion.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I thought I spied Nucky Thompson wearing spade soles in the open of Boardwalk Empire.

NuckyThompson%20WingTips1.jpg

Apparently they are made by Forzieri.

forzieri_boardwalk_empire_shoes.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
"Gaziano & Girling are proud to present the new Deco range of shoes; our interpretation of 1920's and 1930's high society footwear.

The lines and angles of these shoes reflect a different aesthetic to our elegant range, being a little sharper and more stylised, representing an Art Deco look.

All of the Deco waists and soles are hand finished, the uppers are hand lasted and the materials are cut from the very finest leather. We have re-introduced the Spade waist, an age old design feature that had been lost in modern shoemaking techniques, aptly named after the Ace of Spades due to its extreme shape.

Our Deco range is probably the finest example of shoemaking that can be found in modern day ready to wear and very closely resembles the turn of the century shoemaking that can only be found in a few museums today.

We understand that the Deco look may be a little sharp for some, but it has been created as a separate range and we will continue to add more conservative designs and shapes to our main range in the future.

You can learn more about, and view, the Deco range at: www.gazianogirling.com/deco

Yours sincerely,
Tony Gaziano & Dean Girling"

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Indy Magnoli steps up

I've been struck by the look of the spade soled shoes that have been appearing here. The thread is titled "Spade Soles on Modern Shoes", so I sent an email to Indy Magnoli asking if his coblers could produce shoes with soles like these.

He replied, "Shouldn't be a problem at all. Simply order the custom shoes listed on the site and we can discuss the details via e-mail"

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It is rumored there is a secret about these shoes you are posting pictures of from Prada. The reason the toe area is so large and high, they have a secret drawer inside to stash your cash! lolololol! JUST teasing. I noticed these shoes a few months ago, and they just messed up with them to the point I would not buy them. I am sure whomever actually designed these shoes wanted to have them be "different"....well they got what they wanted....and probably a low sales figure along with that wish! They are "B_tt Ugly" and it should be a felony to wear them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana