Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sterkowski hats...opinions/experiences wanted please

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There aren't too many other places to get bodies today in Europe. If not Polkap then its Tonack, Fepsa or Sasir. I wonder which one it could be.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you get it post up some photos if you can Lt.hats. I've been interested in their hats for a while but have never seen any independently taken photos. The only photos I've seen online have been the poor quality ones taken by the seller on ebay.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Im curious to see the hat as well. I cant imagine what the quality could be like at those prices.

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Well, I am pleased to announce that my Sterkowski fedora arrived today, less than ten days after it was ordered. This is my first review and I have to admit that I am a novice when it comes to quality hats, but here's my two cents worth:

The box it was shipped in was sturdy enough, but did have one nice sized dent in it. The rear of the brim was snapped up about 80 degrees however, it flipped right back into place. (it corresponded with the dent). The hat feels a tad small, but I should be able to stretch it out without any problems. I'm going to have to take some steam to the brim to reshape it how I want, but the hat seems pretty responsive even when dry. It seems like a good everyday, all weather hat that feels pretty nice on my noggin. In my opinion, this is a hat that I would take on vacation or other places where I might hesitate to take a more expensive hat. Most importantly to me, I can see myself wearing this hat regularly. I will probably be doing the rain test on it in the next few days as there is rain forecast this week in Atlanta. I will let everyone know how it stands up. Unfortunately, I got home after dark and my home lighting does not do it justice, so I snapped a few picture for now and will take some outside tomorrow in natural lighting.

Attachments

• fedora 45 041.jpg
    fedora 45 041.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 724
  • fedora 45 042.jpg
    fedora 45 042.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 803
  • fedora 45 040.jpg
    fedora 45 040.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 2,422
  • fedora 45 044.jpg
    fedora 45 044.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 2,390
  • fedora 45 0491.jpg
    fedora 45 0491.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2,812

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Well, I've worn the Sterkowski to work several times and I have gotten several compliments on it. I did have to stretch it out a tad, but I had to do the same with my Stylemaster. In my opinion this is a very comfortable every day hat. I said I was going to reshape the brim, as it is a bit crooked, but when I mentioned that to a coworker, she immediately told me to leave it alone, that it "had character, even if I didn't". :D No rain on it so far, but I am hoping it holds up as well as my Akubras.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I've worn the Sterkowski to work several times and I have gotten several compliments on it. I did have to stretch it out a tad, but I had to do the same with my Stylemaster. In my opinion this is a very comfortable every day hat. I said I was going to reshape the brim, as it is a bit crooked, but when I mentioned that to a coworker, she immediately told me to leave it alone, that it "had character, even if I didn't". :D No rain on it so far, but I am hoping it holds up as well as my Akubras.

worthlesswithoutpicsworthlesswithoutpics

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
:eek:. Hey Rick, I'll snap a few more next week, I'm headed down to central florida right now for my 30th high school reunion....and hoping to score some vintage hats while I am there. The originals photos (mediocre lighting) I posted last week are all I have for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran