Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Falcon?

MattJH

One Too Many
I won this one for my wife as she wants a man's black fedora. The nice thing about it is that I also get an Adam box for my Adam hat.

I've done some Google / Fedora Lounge searches and haven't turned up anything on a "Stetson Falcon." Anyone know anything about them? When they were sold, how much they were sold for, etc.? The sweatband looks brown in the photographs, but I'm not 100% certain. Could be strange lighting, too.

MattJH

One Too Many
I'll definitely post better pictures. In the meantime, does anyone know when Adam Hats in Boston closed down? That would help.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm not sure when it shut down, but the box isn't original to the hat, so it's impossible to date it from that.

MattJH

One Too Many
That's something I've always been curious about. There are a lot of hats out there with mismatched boxes, but I always figured (for instance, in this case) that Adam Hats were also selling Stetsons. No?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
well I say that it's not the original box because the model name on the box doesn't match the model of the hat.

Dav3

New in Town
Never heard of a stetson falcon before. A quick search on google finds this thread as the #1 result for it, haha. Although there seem to be a few other hits for an ebay auction selling a stetson hat ad for it:

f655_1.JPG

All the hits for the ebay auction selling that ad says it's from 1963, so I suppose that could be a clue for when it was made around. Considering that you don't see much about a hat like that, it could be that production of that model didn't last very long.

Anders

One of the Regulars
Excellent find. I love that combination of short brim and psuedo-thin ribbon. Reminds me of this bond hat.

I remember closely watching a falcon sold with two other hats on ebay not all that long ago, I too tried in vain to find any info on them. I'd love to see better pictures when it arrives.

MattJH

One Too Many
So while the box is clearly marked 6 7/8, the hat is clearly marked 6 3/4. Doesn't fit my wife, so I'll be listing this in the Classifieds.

Here are some detailed photographs for archival purposes. Two things that jumped out at me:

01) The ribbon -- it's nice!
02) The inside crown is mesh. I've never seen this before.

Crown: 5"
Brim: 1 7/8"
Ribbon: 3/4"

falcon-01.jpg

falcon-02.jpg

falcon-03.jpg

falcon-04.jpg

falcon-05.jpg

falcon-06.jpg

falcon-07.jpg

Anders

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the detailed pics. I would jump on that in a second if it were my size...

I didn't notice that sort of split ribbon before, and the whole liner, logo and mesh, makes it a very interesting hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy