Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "Hudson" Fedora for sale

Diamondback1

New in Town
like new Stetson Hudson Fedora :

I purchased this Stetson, my first foray into the world of fedoras, during the Christmas holidays. I've since discovered I like a wider brim. I've worn the hat around the house several times; it still appears new in every way, and one would not guess that it was otherwise ! I paid $115 shipped for the hat.

Stetson calls this one of their "retro style" fedoras. It is a fur felt cashmere blend......"super soft and luxurious", and I would echo that description. However, there is plenty of fur in the blend so that the hat will "stay put" when shaped. This isn't one of those "floppy" wool fedoras that sags "at will" ....yet the cashmere provides the nap with an exceptionally soft "hand". A leather band gives the fedora a bit of "casual appeal" that will integrate with much of a gentleman's wardrobe. What impresses me most about the hat is the solid construction; this fedora is well-made, and is proof that Stetson is capable of making a quality hat.

The incidentals : 2 1/4 inch brim, satin lining with a leather sweatband, and a brown leather hat band with a "STETSON" pin. The color is "mink", and it's an accurate description.....the color is that of a natural mink pelt.

• Cashmere blend fur felt.
• Teardrop pinch front crown.
• 2 1/4" brim.
• Brown leather hat band.
• Leather sweatband.
• Satin lining.
• Made in the USA.
• Color: Mink.
• Size : 7 1/8 ....NOTE : I typically wear between a 7 1/8 and 7 3/8 and this fits me perfectly.

2gtd6ol.jpg

$85 SHIPPED CONUS

.....I am happy to ship to Canada or over-seas if buyer uses PayPal and pays actual shipping costs.

- Sales and Shipping are CONUS, USPS with Delivery Confirmation............unless otherwise stated shipping insurance is extra; please let me know prior to shipping if you require it.
- I accept USPS Money Orders and PayPal.....NO PayPal fees !
- Thank you, but no trades.
- First "I'll Take It" followed by timely contact and payment has priority.
- Please feel free to contact me with any questions...and thanks for looking !

-Regards

Mr E Train

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
I just read that you wear between a 1/8 and 3/8's. I was wondering if you could check something for me...

using the scotch tape method, what's the circumference of the hat?

Thanks,

Rob

Forgive my ignorance and my hijacking the thread, but what do you mean by the scotch tape method? I've used a couple of small pieces of scotch tape to hold the cloth measuring tape in place against the sweatband in order to make measuring easier. Did you mean to use the scotch tape to measure the sweatband, marking it, and then measuring the scotch tape?

Diamondback1

New in Town
RobFedoraField said:
I just read that you wear between a 1/8 and 3/8's. I was wondering if you could check something for me...

using the scotch tape method, what's the circumference of the hat?

Thanks,

Rob
Hi Rob !

The circumference is approx. 22 and 3/4 inches.

- regards

re: tape

Mr E Train said:
Forgive my ignorance and my hijacking the thread, but what do you mean by the scotch tape method? I've used a couple of small pieces of scotch tape to hold the cloth measuring tape in place against the sweatband in order to make measuring easier. Did you mean to use the scotch tape to measure the sweatband, marking it, and then measuring the scotch tape?

it's probably not the official name of it, but what I usually do is pull off an arm's length of scotch or masking tape, stick it to my shirt a few times so it picks up some lint and looses some of it's "stickiness" and then run it around the inside of the sweatband, use a sharpie and mark where they overlap, then pull the tape off and measure between the two lines. I've found it's easier and more accurate than trying to hold a cloth measuring tape in place.

-Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran